Special Needs

PDD-NOS

DS has a diagnosis (PDD-NOS). I am broken. I will get over the shock and figure out how to navigate IEPs and insurance covered therapies, but right now I am reeling.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: PDD-NOS

• mommy0411mommy0411 member
    edited November 2013
    ((Hugs)) make sure you let yourself go through the grieving process. I know 8 months after diagnosis I am still going through it to some extent. My son had PDD-NOS as well. We are here for any questions you have!

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Take as much time as you need to process things. We are here if you need to "talk."
  • Loading the player...
  • It will get better. We're more than 2 years post-diagnosis. I'm in a much better place now than I was initially, that is for sure (though admittedly, there have been some big ups and downs in the meantime). Some days are fantastic, and others, I feel my grief strongly. I suspect it may always be like this- but it is bearable. It helped me a lot to be on this board with other moms who "get it".
  • I just want to give you a hug.

My DS has PDD-NOS a year ago but we updated to autism spectrum disorder recently.

We really are a great board with great support and advice! We are in this together and we will be here when you need us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hear you.  We got a pdd-nos dx about 2 years ago - I even saw it coming a mile away and was still floored it actually happened.  Not a great day.  It took me a solid year to get to acceptance.

Hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"