Parenting

Settle a disagreement

At work we have diversity centered groups. The one focused on age is sponsoring "Dress as Your Favorite Decade" day today. Last minute I decided to dress as the 90's. I am wearing jeans, white Converse, a thermal shirt under a t shirt, and I chalked my hair bright red. I could not find a scrap of flannel in my house. I am also wearing thick black eyeliner and natural colored but sparkly eye shadow and nude lipstick. I couldn't find a cross.

Now, the disagreement is in what shirt to wear. I wanted to wear a band t shirt, but DH "made" me wear my "Class of 1993" high school t shirt. Of course I didn't HAVE to, but ykwim. So, who was right?

Hysterectomy after Stage IV Endometriosis
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Charlotte Rocks!

Re: Settle a disagreement

• I think the Class of '93 t-shirt was good so people would know what you were for Halloween.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• My vote is for the band t-shirt.

But, I bet you look awesome either way!!

photo 2de32582-8d24-4394-a365-41ce94158547.jpg

Anniversary
  • Well, even in the 90's I liked obscure music so I wouldn't have had anything obvious like Nirvana or Green Day. I did find a Reverend Horton Heat, Teen Idols, and Operation Ivy shirts.

Charlotte Rocks!

thisisbread
  • You were right.

image     image
  • The 90s is my favorite decade by faaaaarrrrr!

I like the idea of the class of 93 T shirt.  Many of the bands that were popular in the 90s still have t-shirts for sale in the mall.  Unless you had a t-shirt from a one hit winder band-- like Toad the Wet Sprocket-- THAT would be priceless.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

• Band shirt.

The 90s is my favorite decade by faaaaarrrrr!

I like the idea of the class of 93 T shirt.  Many of the bands that were popular in the 90s still have t-shirts for sale in the mall.  Unless you had a t-shirt from a one hit winder band-- like Toad the Wet Sprocket-- THAT would be priceless.

Random off topic, I'm going to see them in concert on Saturday.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  

OAD December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie
    fredalinathewalkingdude
  • Well my music is better haha.

I also have a NOFX shirt but I'm not sure they'd be well known at work either.

Charlotte Rocks!

YellowWallpaper12HelenahhandbasketIdanithisisbread
  • Band shirt.

Reverend Horton Heat played here this week. I was tempted to go, but I was never a huge fan. Just liked the cuddly soft shirt. It's so faded now you can barely see any of the white stuff on the black shirt. I LOVE that shirt!

Charlotte Rocks!

YellowWallpaper12
  • Band shirt.

hahaha!  Awesome!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

• edited October 2013
    I love that 90s bands are coming back and touring again.

ETA: Sorry for derailing your thread haha
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  

OAD December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie
    fredalina
  • No problemo. It is fairly divided anyway.

Charlotte Rocks!

• Well my music is better haha. I also have a NOFX shirt but I'm not sure they'd be well known at work either.

This makes me happy.  I still rock my NOFX shirt.

**Parenting siggy challenge**

Little Dude '09 Littlest Dude '12
    fredalina
  • Nechie122Nechie122
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    They were both good ideas (how's that for diplomacy?) I mean, I don't think anyone would have been confused about what decade you were representing either way.

I do like the NOFX shirt idea. Did people actually wear their own HS t-shirts? If you did, you would only do it ironically.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nechie122 said:

They were both good ideas (how's that for diplomacy?) I mean, I don't think anyone would have been confused about what decade you were representing either way.

I do like the NOFX shirt idea. Did people actually wear their own HS t-shirts? If you did, you would only do it ironically.

Haha I remember in college it was a big deal in my head not to wear it until I was a junior or senior. Because being a freshman is so uncool.

::kicks self::

Charlotte Rocks!

Nechie122
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards