Nebraska Babies
Options

Lakeside hospital vs. Bergan Mercy

My doctor will deliver babies at either Lakeside or Bergan Mercy. They are both Creighton affiliated and I'm sure are similar in how they're run, but has anyone delivered at either one? How did you like it? I plan on touring both but I'm hoping for a little info before I go! Thanks :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lakeside hospital vs. Bergan Mercy

• Options
    I believe that Bergan has a higher level NICU. That's why we chose to go there. That way the baby doesn't have to be transported if we need it.
  • Options
    I delivered at Lakeside and was told that even if my dd needed to go into NICU, all the same docs at Bergan would come to Lakeside if needed. My experience with Lakeside was excellent. I loved the fact that labor and delivery were on the same floor as the rooms you'll end up in, where as at Bergan, you deliver on one floor and then are taken to another. The nurses were very attentive and gentle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered DS1 at Bergen. I liked it, but didn't love it. Nurses were great. It was just a little too busy for me. Plus they are more "by the book" as far as procedures. Like they never asked if I wanted a catheter just gave me one, never asked if I wanted to have DH and/or I there for the first bath just took him and did it, etc. I was a FTM and didn't know better to stand up for my rights. I delivered DS2 at Midlands which is a lot like Lakeside. Quieter, more likely to let you do things that aren't standard, etc. Plus the nurses are all trained to care for a baby that needs a NICU until he/she can be transferred. Bergan is good, I just like the smaller, quieter, more not the norm so I'd pick Lakeside.

image imageimageimage

• Options
    I delivered at bergan and loved it.
  • Options
    I have a client that delivered at Lakeside and her baby boy needed the NICU, so they had to put him into an ambulance and send him to Bergan. It was sad because she had to stay at Lakeside. I'm in the same boat, and I'm leaning towards Bergan. 
  • Options
    I had an amazing experience at Bergan. Nurses were so wonderful, all the staff was amazing. My daughter had to be in the NICU for 10 days and that whole staff was wonderful. The facility was beautiful too and the food was great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"