Iowa Babies

Day Care?

So, I'm a first-timer and relatively new to Des Moines.  I'm not due until June 2014 but am wondering when I need to start worrying about getting daycare set up.  Anybody have any places they've liked?  I really don't even know where to begin!

June '14 June Siggy "Summer Heat"
Coming Soon

Re: Day Care?

• Are you actually in Des Moines or one of the other smaller surrounding cities?
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'm in Des Moines.

June '14 June Siggy "Summer Heat"
    Coming Soon

• Loading the player...
  • edited October 2013
    Sorry no recommendations from me , we are outside of Des Moines
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Sorry no recommendations from me , we are outside of Des Moines
    Where are you?  I'll need a daycare in Ankeny.....
  • I'm in Ankeny and found an in-home for my LO. I was due in Oct and started looking in May. I ended up having her in Aug and was so glad I had it set up already! Good luck!
  • You absolutely need to start looking now. My top choice is already full until October 2014, and one of the places I called said they simply weren't putting anyone on a list anymore it was so long. 

Where in Des Moines are you? We're in Urbandale and have heard good things about the infant room at the Traditions center here; they were the cheapest center we looked at, too. I REALLY liked Full Circle in Waukee, but that's the October one. I'd suggest against the Appletree centers-- they tend to be the most expensive, but the most run-down, and often a little grungy. Koality Time (upper west of Urbandale) is highly recommended, too, but they're a little bit helicopter: they have webcams in every room you can pay more to watch your baby all day on, phones with individual lines in every room. But, if you want to be really hands on, go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"