New Jersey Babies

VALLEY VS ENGLEWOOD HOSPITAL

Did you deliver at either hospital? I will be having a scheduled c-section in May and need to transfer to a dr at one of these hospitals. Would love to hear feedback. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: VALLEY VS ENGLEWOOD HOSPITAL

• I loved valley hospital. I had my daughter there last July. She was a premie and I had a c section as well. The nurses were so great. My daughter had to be in the NICU and the whole staff helped us so much that she was able to breastfeed even though she was 5 weeks early and a lot of people said that she probably wouldn't be able to. The care was wonderful and I will be delivering there when I have another baby. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a horrible situation at Englewood.  I went into PTL with twins, had to be transferred to Columbia and in the end lost them.  Englewood does not have the level of NICU god forbid something went wrong.  After our loss I went to Valley.  I had a son a year ago there, who had to spend 5 days in the NICU.  I could not have asked for a better situation.  The quality of care from the nurses to the doctors was unreal.  I would recommend Valley to anyone.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry to hear that alliedoe. What a terrible ordeal. I am happy to hear you  had a happy experience at Valley. I've heard wonderful things about it and I think Valley is the place for me. Would you mind recommending your OB?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi there- 

I see Dr. Joshua Weidman in Franklin Lakes.  He is WONDERFUL! Most of the doctors cover for each other, I have heard great things about Dr. Russo.  I dealt with him in the hospital and he was very caring.  The MFM I see through Valley is Dr. Matthews---kind, conservative doctor.  Good luck!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Thank you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use Englewood even though my husband's practice is at Hackensack.  My reason is for their highly conservative (safer in the long term for baby & me) approach and also they are the lowest Csec rate among hospitals in the area (20%).  If you require C-sec, as I see that you do, I can tell you that my friends who have used Eng have been very, very pleased with the entire course.  It is true their NICU is not as tech as Columbia, Hackensack, other centers, however, when a scheduled c-sec is the plan, the likeliness is that you would be admitted to Columbia because it is all about making a safe delivery for you and your family.
    Congrats!
  • I could not speak more highly about Valley Hospital. The staff in the labor & delivery ward are absolutely amazing. My daughter had to be in the NICU for a few days and the staff there was also wonderful. I truly felt comfortable every step of the way as the care was exceptional.
  • Thank you! I am delivering at Valley in just a few weeks. So excited!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"