August 2013 Moms

Massage and Breastfeeding/leaking

My husband bought me an hour and a half long massage for my birthday. I'm going tomorrow, but I Ebf, and am worried about leaking everywhere. Anyone recently gotten a massage and how did you handle the leakage? I could wear a bra I suppose and just unclasp it when they get to my back...just looking for suggestions! Thanks
Married since 10-2-2010!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Massage and Breastfeeding/leaking

• I'm a massage therapist, my clients just brought in a towel to lay on, worked for them and me. You could always call the establishment and see if they have any other ideas.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

OaD August siggy challenge- fav show that's off the air:

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZzQxOlqIUfHfG/giphy.gif
  • I had one.  I chose to get this head/neck/shoulders one.  She said to take off the bra, but gave me an extra towel for my boobs. I didn't leak during the massage.  Enjoy yourself!
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Loading the player...
  • I would just have an extra towel down and let the masseuse know that it may happen.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • I'm glad you asked. I'm going got a massage soon too and was worried about this.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Great thought, didn't even occur to me! I'm going Monday for my birthday :)
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

• Thanks ladies! Perfect idea, I'll bring a small towel with!

• I pumped ahead of time and informed the therapist. She gave me some extra towels to put down. I didn't wear a bra.
  • I wish I had thought of that. I've been leaking since my third trimester and I just ended up leaking on her sheets and apologizing profusely... oops.

• I pumped before mine. The therapist gave me towels to put under my armpits (so there would be no additional pressure) and an extra towel on the table. It worked out fine, no leaking :)
  • let us know how it goes!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • I have one scheduled for tomorrow , I was just going to bring an extra towel. I have a friend who wore a strapless bra for head and neck and just unclasped it when it came time for the back portion. I heard pumping was a good idea before

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• Yup, I was planning on pumping before as well, for DD to eat while I'm gone and just to kind of make sure I get out as much as possible beforehand!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"