October 2013 Moms

Can you feel dilation?

Yup, I just asked that. Seriously - can you? Feels weird down there when I squat down.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can you feel dilation?

• The pressure you're feeling is probably just baby making more direct contact with your cervix. 
    [Deleted User]
  • It feels weird because you have a small human pressing on your vag.  Dilation, no.  Baby's head squeezing through said dilated cervix, yes.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • quick answer no

but as the head engages in the pelvis it can put pressure on your cervix and you can feel all sorts of weird feelings down there

but not your cervix actively dilating

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• Pain yes, dilation, I don't think so. I was in pain for over a week and had no change in dilation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmmmm. It's not painful, just feels looser or more open right there when I squat or sit in certain positions (gross - sorry!) Probably baby pressure.
  • But seriously you are most likely just feeling your pelvis open up in preparation for what's to come. Your ligaments will start to loosen up and stretch out.

• If you stick your fingers up there, you might.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • calibr8te said:
    When you start to hear the wind whistling through your nether regions, you know it's time to go to the hospital.

Good call. image
    Inn2
  • I don't think so. I found out I was a 1 and I haven't felt anything not even Braxton hicks.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• cjrobbincjrobbin member
    100 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    I thought it was that pressure of baby's head bouncing on the cervix (ouch) that causes early dilation and effacing?  At least in part?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards