February 2013 Moms
Options

2 hours alone

Last week I had a meltdown and realized that part of the reason was that I hadn't been alone in my house since DS was born.  I take DS with me, leaving DH in an empty house at least once a week, but DH as never taken DS out by himself.  Well as a result of last week's meltdown, DH took him out today and I had the house to myself for two whole hours.  I took a bath, read and tried to nap.  While I didn't sleep, I lay in the dark and the quiet and turned my ears off for the first time in 7 months.  It was delicious.  I told DH I need this on a regular basis and he agreed, yay! 

Re: 2 hours alone

• Options
    I love that you said it was delicious... I know EXACTLY what you mean!!! Good for you!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    My husband is on a health kick so every night he takes DD for a walk. Half an hour a day can help SO much!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes, it is delicious.  With 2 little ones now, it is even more rare for me to be on my own at home.  I actually had my own 2 hours of heaven - I was called for jury duty today, it wrapped up early and I didn't have to go into work.  I napped in the perfectly quiet house.  It was wonderful!!!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options

I'm happy for  you!! I just went back to work about a month ago, and I feel like going to the office is my break LOL someday I will send LO out with daddy and take a bubble bath...It does sound wonderful

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"