Kentucky Babies
Options

Breast Pumps

I am trying to decide between the Ameda Purely Yours, the Hygeia Q and the Medela Pump In Style. This is my first child so I have no idea. Any recommendations? I'll take any other advice on breast feeding / pumping also. Thanks :)

Re: Breast Pumps

• Options
    I would start by renting a Medela Symphony at the hospital you deliver at. That way you can up your supply with a pro grade pump and see if breastfeeding works out for you.

As far as the other pumps it depends on preference & budget. Your insurance or WIC might purchase it as well. See if you can get one free. If you are on the go a lot the Spectra 9 is another one you might want to look at.

Avoid cheap pumps like The First Years, Evenflo, or Tommee Tippee.

For bottles look at Playtex Drop Ins and Tommee Tippee since they have breastmilk storage kits (you can actually store in the drop in liners with Playtex...Tommee Tippee has pots) and adaptors for their bottles so you can pump in them directly.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    My insurance gave us the Ameda Purely Yours, it was crap. I had to go out a week later and buy the Medela PISA, soooo much better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I exclusively pumped for a year while using the Medela Pump in Style Advanced. They are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. It was worth every penny.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options
    Medela hands down!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"