February 2014 Moms

Anterior Placenta Girlzzzz! Get yo front placenta selves in here.

Let's talk about all things "AP" (anterior placentas) like how we're not feeling our babies and stuff like that.

I spent about a 1/2 hour trying to sense the bean last night both physically (inside of self and outside of self with hands placed on the ute) but it made me feel sick to my stomach because I could feel my heartbeat pulsing way too strongly for my liking.

What's your "trying to feel baby but I just got frustrated" story?

SHARE!
BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
TTC #1 since 1/10
DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!

Re: Anterior Placenta Girlzzzz! Get yo front placenta selves in here.

• This title is excellent! I think I felt baby move one time I was on the toilet like I leaned far forward and she shifted around. I've been trying ever since but NOPE.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We can hang out here together and wait to feel our babies.
    TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my 20 week today and she was just snuggled all against the placenta plus hiding in the back, like no wonder I have no idea you're in there.
  • what what! stepping in here. 

thing is, call me crazy but i really don't mind! i never did kick counts or anything because i just never felt anything during my last pregnancy and maybe ignorance is bliss, but i didn't worry. i think if i felt kicks at all, but not 24/7 i would worry. also i think when you can really feel it it can hurt! so, yeah, i'm not doing anything. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have felt a little bit here and there, but I'm a little choked that as a STM I'm still not feeling much.
    TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • I've had the same exact problem several times about feeling my own heartbeat.  I try to concentrate on my belly and sometimes put my hand there but even if I don't, I can still feel my heartbeat there because of my focus.  One day it's going to be real, dang it!!!
  • I don't think about the no kicks very much, although it would be nice. DH is the one that is getting frustrated, before we found out the placenta was anterior he kept asking me when I was going to let him feel the baby. I said I would love to have you do that just as soon as I can finally feel them! I think he thought I was feeling them all along and was just being selfish... Bummer!
  • Well I feel like I'm home! I feel like I can feel what I can best describe as a 'whoosh' every once in a while. Maybe it's her moving or gas, I have no freaking idea. It's going to take a sharpe kick before I can tell a difference...which won't hav
  • I feel the boy on the left, but rarely anything at all from the girl on the right, so I'm thinking the placenta is in the way.  I felt one little bump near the belly button once when DH was standing beside me talking while I was laying in bed, & one other time on the side & it kinda tickled.

I feel him pretty much daily now, even if it's not all day or constantly, but...yeah.  Felt her twice, &, all the times I use the doppler, I've found her ONCE, but I've found him a few more times, or at least I catch him for a few seconds as he goes swimming past.

Honestly, I'd rather feel both of them, constantly, even if they're kicking the crap out of me. 
  • We just found out today my placenta is anterior. It just explains better why I feel nothing. People keep asking me if I can feel it yet. It so sad to say, "Not yet".

I can't wait to feel it. Because then it will 'feel' more real.
  • Nice to see there's a bunch of us missing out! This is my second tire with an ap, I also had one with ds, then was so happy when I could actually feel dd. with this dd I've felt maybe 4 or 5 little movements when she's way over pushing on the side.
  • I just started feeling my little girl. I only really notice at night when I first lay down.

chaseandchristian again

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just start feeling some movement last Wednesday! Doesn't happen very often, I think have had 3 other moments since then where I have felt movement. Good ol' ap. hopefully it starts more frequently soon!
  • I'm going to be a stm and I had an ap with my daughter. I was so bummed when they told me at my dating us that I had ANOTHER ap. I didn't feel my daughter until I was 23 weeks ( and she was born at 37 wks...so I missed so much movement :(

I'm 20 wks with this one and every day I will think so hard that I'm feeling him....but I think its gas :/
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited September 2013
    I'm in this group as well. Never had this issue with any other babies. Crazy not to feel much of anything. They showed me on the last Altrasound how thick the placenta is and said she has to get pretty strong to kick through it. I'm attaching the photo so you guys can seeimage
  • I'm joining you ladies!! Just found out, pretty sure no movement yet! By this time with my son I was feeling him a lot. Really can't wait. I drink some juice around their active time 9pm to 1am and try so hard to feel him but nope nothing just gas!!! Soon ladies, hopefully soon!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Just found out yesterday that I have this! I guess that's why I haven't felt much yet, just a few "tickles" here and there. It was weird seeing him kick me in the ultrasound yesterday, and not feel anything. Just gives me something to look forward to everyday when I wake up, I always say to myself "Today could be the day I feel him!"
    BabyFetus Ticker

February 2014 Moms Siggy Challenge... Turkeys

BabyName Ticker
  • I have an AP again, but I've felt movement, also a STM so not sure if that makes it easier for me.

I've noticed the best time/way that I feel stuff is laying flat on my belly (I'm a stomach sleeper and am not giving it up until I am uncomfortable!!). And often it's only way late at night, like when I'm laying with my toddler at 3a trying to get us both back to sleep. I have yet to feel anything during daylight hours.

imageimage
  • noconalovenoconalove member
    edited September 2013
    I have AP as well, but I have been feeling him move a lot. Mine is a little higher if that makes a diff. I always fell him lower. I think I have felt 2-3 very light kicks, but all have been low. He moves a lot right before bed when I am lying on my back propped up on my back n belly. 

• Still waiting to feel my little pumpkin! I play music for her and rub my belly every night! I'm 19 weeks and I think I've felt some flutters but it could've very well been gas! :) hopefully we will feel our babies soon!
  • I had an anterior placenta with DD, and today I was told I have one with this pregnancy.  I felt DD right around 20 weeks. 

In ultrasound pictures, an anterior placenta is usually above baby, correct?  And if it's below baby in the picture, it's typically posterior? 

BabyFetus Ticker

• I had an anterior placenta with DD, and today I was told I have one with this pregnancy.  I felt DD right around 20 weeks. 

In ultrasound pictures, an anterior placenta is usually above baby, correct?  And if it's below baby in the picture, it's typically posterior? 

Yes, I believe so but above and below are sort of loose terms when it comes to the uterus cam.
    TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"