Breastfeeding
Options

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

Welcome! This is a check-in for moms who are/were on a dairy free and/or soy free diet due to their LO's intolerance. The check-ins will be posted every Monday morning on the Breastfeeding board and XP'd to the Food Allergy board. If you'd like to join the group, just post an intro here and dive in! To check out the archive of our previous check-ins, please see the MSPI Moms Blog.

I am so sorry I forgot to post the check-in again today! I was on vacation and totally out of it. Does someone want to volunteer to post the check-in if I haven't done so by, say, noon Pacific time?

QOTW: Have you or are you planning on seeing an allergist to discuss your LOs intolerance(s)?

Any other burning questions you'd like answered?

Anything else you'd like to share today?

Re: ~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

• Options

QOTW: Have you or are you planning on seeing an allergist to discuss your LOs intolerance(s)?

We might be seeing one soon. At our 15 mo check up our pedi said if he was still reacting by 18 mo she would refer us to an allergist. DS seems to be doing fine with dairy, but wheat and eggs still give him a rashy face and gas (along with several other random foods like chickpeas and coconut). I haven't tried soy yet.

Any other burning questions you'd like answered?

Does anyone else have the rashy face issue? I looked at the Toddler411 Rash-O-Rama gallery and it looks most close the photo they have for contact dermatitis. It's not hives, and I don't think it's eczema. I've been putting Aquafor on it for awhile and it seems to help a little, but I was wondering if I should try some hydrocortisone cream too.

Anything else you'd like to share today?
    I ate two bites of delicious goat cheese this weekend. Mmmm...
  • Options
    No plans to see an allergist, he's still young.

@rocknrollfriend yes we get the rashy face... But it goes away when I don't eat dairy or soy. So I'm not much help. :/

Things are going pretty well. We did an experiment to see if its all this problem (mspi) and we could take him off his reflux meds. NOPE! He was horrible and not a happy baby at all without them. So atleast I feel better knowing I'm not giving him something unwarranted.

He has a good temperament and is a happy good sleeping baby. So I can't complain too much. He spits up a ton, but less with cutting out dairy and soy and while on the reflux meds he doesn't seem to be in pain.

I did have some items with "soybean oil" and that didn't seem to bother him. Apparently that doesn't have the protien in it. Yay for being able to eat a slightly wider variety of things!

The past two weeks I was able to stay clean becaus I prepared food ahead of time. So a weeks worth of food on the weekends! Makes lunches and dinners easier too. Even though it kind of sucks eating the same thing all.the.time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"