Cloth Diapering
Options

UPDATED: Update and ?

TJ1979TJ1979 member
edited September 2013 in Cloth Diapering
So the rash is worse today! And still popping every dipe. She screams as soon as she poops.
@ITK, will the spray still work with water, coconut oil, and tto? We can't get GSE except online.
I'm sending spray, cloth wipes, and coconut oil to DC tomorrow. And 9 diapers.
Oh, and were doing probiotics for the poops.
Anything I'm missing? Any other tips?

UPDATE: Y'all! It's even worse. Now it's blistering and she just cries and cries when you change her. I'm at my wits end. We've tried maalox an coconut oil and CJs and baking soda baths and tto wipes and as much nekkid time as I can give her (DC wont do this.) I don't know what else to do!
TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

Re: UPDATED: Update and ?

• Options
    Tell me the truth... Should we desitin and sposie? I'll do anything to end this pain for her.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    It may be yeast. Nystatin is really your best bet. You could try OTC lotrimin but that's really an anti fungal, not a yeast med.

LO has been in sponsies all day today bc I've been trying neosporin on his rash. I am going to try Maalox tomm. Maybe alternate the two. I usually do liners but I'm running low.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know, but I'm assuming it would work without the GSE. I would assume so because I use a drop of TTO in my lotion to keep my face blemish free.

I've never had to use desitin and sposies always made A very rashy, so take this with a grain of salt, but if she's in that much pain from the rash and I thought something would improve it immediately, I would do it. If you think sposies and desitin will help, do it. Once it calms down you can always use other methods, KWIM? Good luck, rashes suck. :(
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    Oh I would absolutely do it if I thought it would work. She's had reactions to sposies in the past, but it's been hit and miss, I guess depending on the brand.
    I honestly don't know what works better, coconut oil and cloth, or desitin and sposies.
    I didn't think it was yeast bc it was just red, no spots/splotches. But today the edges look kinda dotted, so now I don't know. We have lotrimin that has helped before.
    Damn it, where is the manual on all this?
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I use it for any rashes now, not just yeast. If it's bad I keep her butt sprayed and let her run around with no diaper on for as long as she'll stand. If it's really bad I combine that with baking soda baths.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    I always use witch hazel,with camomile, and I also use a&d cream with a liner on the diaper. I also made sure I give him a bath with a tea tree oil soap.until now he hasn't have any rash that can last for more than two days. You can get the soap and any kind of essentials oil at whole food market or any other similar store.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    Tell me the truth... Should we desitin and sposie? I'll do anything to end this pain for her.

Don't do it.  G had a terrible rash from pooping when he was like 6 weeks old.  We finally caved and tried Desitin.  He screamed for like 10 minutes before I finally wiped it off.  It litterally removed a layer of his skin. 

I like MK's suggestion of trying the solution w/out GSE.  Use baking soda baths and lots of diaper free time. 

I wonder if you could try dermaplast.  You know the stuff they give you in the hospital post-partum to help wiht the pain from stitches.  It wouldn't heal it,but it might make the pain less.  IDK if it's ok to use on a LO or not though so maybe call your pedi. 

Hope she gets better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Y'all! It's even worse. Now it's blistering and she just cries and cries when you change her. I'm at my wits end. We've tried maalox an coconut oil and CJs and baking soda baths a
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I had the same kind fo rash with Rosie once. It turned out to be MRSA. We had to do all sorts of antibiotics and steroid creams and completely sanitize her diapers. She spent a whole month in 7th Gen dipes while we delt with it. She got it from DC. Turns out they had been using another childs diaper rash cream on her. We never sent any in.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just leave her without a diaper for a few hrs,try not to wipe her to much. If you need to clean her,made some camomile tea an use it as a water solution and just pat her with the wipes to dry her skin,and the last thing that I will try is to rub some lanolin on the rednes just a little bit not to much. Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd take her in as well. :( poor kiddo.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would definitely take her in in the morning, and as much naked baby time until then. Poor baby :(

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry! I hope you can figure it out and that it goes away quickly!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry she's in so much pain! Hugs, mama! I hope you can get her to the doc soon and figure out what's going on. Prayers for rest and healing!!!

• Options
    Poor girl...that is really rough :(. I hope the doc can help you guys out
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    When my DD had a really bad rash like that when she was younger destin did NOT work for us. We got some buttpaste which works so much better imo and we left her out of her diaper pretty much all day and just made sure to keep towels where she was at. She didn't always poop daily at the time so I wasn't really worried about that. By the next day it was much better. But she wasn't in cloth so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

But I would try to keep any diaper off her as much as you can and if it's still really bad take her to the doctor tomorrow.

Diaper rashes are never fun, I hope you can figure out the issue.
  • Options
    Aww poor babe!  I hope you get some answers at the Dr. tomorrow & that that she heals quickly.

image imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"