February 2014 Moms

Reveal Gender to Grandparents?

To make a long story short, we were going to do a small gender reveal at a football tailgate in a few weeks. It would've been DH and my parents, my sister, and a few of my close friends who would've been then already, and actually will still be there even though we aren't going to do it. My friend was going to take the envelope and get something that we would open with a football theme. Anyway, our a/s got scheduled earlier than expected and we decided we didn't really want to wait that long to find out, so we are just going to find out at the ultrasound. I really want to be able to see the whole ultrasound, not have to turn etc 

I think gender reveals are fun, but I don't get the point really if the mom and dad already know. However, both my parents and my husbands were really sad that we aren't doing anything fun to reveal it to them. I know no one cares about the baby's sex like the parents do, but apparently the grandparents care about as much haha. This is the first grandchild on both sides so the excitement level is probably a little more crazy than usual. 

Does anyone have any fun ways we could reveal to the grandparents something that we will already know? Low key is good :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reveal Gender to Grandparents?

• we did a gender reveal photo with DS because we live so far away, it was a fun way to get the family "involved" in the pregnancy since they missed out on everything else.  No one in my family but my husband has ever seen me pregnant IRL.  Kind of sad.

Anyway- maybe send them a card with a cute picture or send them a bouquet of flowers with all pink and purple or all blue flowers
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • We live away from our families. And our parents are just as excited too!!! We are really only doin a special reveal to our parents and our siblings. Everyone else will find out on FB lol
    We hopefully find out today!!
    Look on Pinterest for some ideas!!! I found a few and going to do them and then see what I wanna send off! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • My gf actually sent an edible arrangement to tell her mom she was preggo.... That was low key
  • My parents and DH's parents were both excited to find out about the sex of our first and this one too. With DS we found out at the a/s and then I went home and made a blue cake, frosted it with chocolate, and then used blue and pink sprinkles to decorate. It was cute. When both sets of grandparents were there I gave them each a fork and on the count of three told them to dig in. It was fun and they loved doing it so much, it has already been requested again for this LO. 

It was simple, cute, and easy. I got a kick out of watching them stare at the cake trying to figure it out before they could take a bite.
  • I will go play around on pinterest now :) It just seems like a lot of the ideas are for the actual parents finding out... if that makes sense. 

I like the photo idea, I may do that. I don't want to send anything because my family literally lives in the same town, and my husband's about 20 minutes away. It will take longer to get there by mail lol. 

• What about something like these? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1448608309/ref=mw_dp_mdsc?dsc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1448608287

I'm still looking for a good grandpa idea

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

• I made cupcakes and put a dollop of blue batter in the middle of each so when they bit into it there was a spot of blue! It was cute and fun.
  • Awhile back someone talked about going out to eat and putting blue food coloring in water to tell her family she was having a boy..... Kind of cool and can be done anywhere
  • We are planning on having family & friends get together and go to dinner and then having special cookies and cakes made to tell everyone what we are having. We are huge Stl cards fans so the cookies will be baseball themed and inner icing will be pink or blue.
  • Even though DH and I will know already, we are still doing the balloon reveal, but not letting the balloons go, they will be attached to a bear in the box. Ours is Tuesday!!! It's for immediate family and our babysitter.
    Our baby boy passed to SIDS on 12/6/12http://oi59.tinypic.com/2vaebew.jpg
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    A gift from Heaven...Our Little RAINBOW arrived 1/31/14!

• I'm a bit jealous! I invited my parents to actually come to the ultrasound with us, and they said they'll have to wait and see if they'll fre and feel like driving out. It's only 30 minutes away. I know it's their 7th grandchild so maybe the novelty has worn off, but it's MY first!
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • edited September 2013
    We're doing ours today, driving down to see my folks along with my brother and his family. We found out we're expecting a daughter on Friday! Yesterday, we wrapped a box in a box in a box with teasers in the first two. These are wrapped in a series of green, yellow, and silver...

The first box has a list of 10 old wives tales with predictions (6 girl, 4 boy), a photo of my husband holding one pink and one blue balloon, and a photo of our dog perched (with a view of the city behind her) wearing a sign that says "I'm going to be a big sister". 

Second box has enough pink and balloons for each person, Hershey's bars with He colored blue and she colored pink, a photo of DH beginning to blow up each balloon, and a photo of the dog facing one pink and one blue toy. 

Third box had a bunch of envelopes with question marks -- in each is a different photo revealing something pink: the dog sitting with the pink toy in the middle of rocks arranged like a heart, DH with a big pink balloon, me with a pink scarf tied around my waist as a sash, a pair of shoes for each of us including pink and purple Mary Janes for the LO, a plushie lamb wearing a pink bow, and the ultrasound with GIRL written on it. We mean for each person to open one envelope, all at the same time, so that each person has a special and unique moment. Under the envelopes (wrapped in tissue paper) is a cute onesie that says "Welcome to SF" in neon pink with a pink monster munching on the neon green skyline. 

We plan on photographing everyone as they go through the layers to save for baby's first album :) 

DHs family already found out by a phone call since they are much further away (France) but will see the same pictures tomorrow...and they are impatient! LOL.
  • Really cute ideas :) 

I am thinking a picture is going to be involved in mine too. 

@MissDemeanor Don't worry, my ultrasound is only 30 minutes away too (maybe less but driving into a city) and I'm pretty sure no one wants to put in that effort either, they clearly just want me to put in the effort haha 

• I made some cake pops and used pink food coloring in the batter.  The chips you melt were white and sprinkles were all over them so when they bit into them they were able to tell it was a girl.  They all thought it was a cute idea and loved to eat the cake pops lol.  I just bought the pillsbury boxed cake pop mix so it had all the needed supplies and was easy to make!
    http://lb1f.lilypie.com/tPU3m8.png

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"