4 Weeks Pregnant

I'm freaking out.

So I'm in a 16 month cosmetology course. I just found out I was pregnant, 4 weeks, and I have 8 months of school left. Convenient.

NOW here's the problem. I feel HORRIBLE. I've been in bed all day sicks as crap, head pounding, light headed, exhausted. Everything. I have NO idea
how I can manage going to school let alone doing peoples hair. My hands hurt just typing this. Either A. I take a leave of absence, or somehow make it through
but I honestly have no idea how to do that.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I'm freaking out.

• hmm, I don't know if this helps, but my mom did the same thing with both my brother and I (6 years apart).  She got preg in Sept with my brother and in august with me.  At those times, she was also going to college for her 4yr RN degree (she did a 2+2 that's why its so far apart).  There's AWESOME pictures of my mom, who is only 5'2", with a giant 9-month belly during her graduation (preg with me).

She was super sick with me, but she managed just fine =)  You can do it! I heard the MS calms down after the first trimester! 
  • Sea Bands. I can't say them enough. My sister has had 5 kids and with every single one of them she was sick as a dog, throwing up all the time. She would put the sea bands on and not get sick, and if she took them off she was sick with in 20 minutes. They're not just for motion sickness, and they really help with the nausea, also over on the other boards some people were saying Unisom the night before helps improve morning sickness greatly, but I would talk to your doctor if it's really bad. Hope that helps. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never even heard of sea bands? Where do you get those?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Any drug store such as Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc. They are bands that you put on both wrists and they press on a pressure point that relieves nausea. They look a little dorky but it's worth it to help relieve the nausea. They're normally in the motion sickness section near Dramamine. Just follow the directions that normally come in the package. I hope they help you.
  • Thank you so much! They gave me some Zofran which has been helping but if I have any more problems I'll be sure to try that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You're welcome. I hope the Zofran works for you. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"