New to The Bump

Geez, rude mommas on here!

I'm a first time mom and every post I have put up someone is sooooo negative oh my goodness! Does anyone else have this issue??

Re: Geez, rude mommas on here!

• I second the PP - not one person has been rude to you. smh.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • How on earth did I miss this? Don't cry about how you're being treated and if you are concerned about people being rude to you then don't put up such a big target (This post)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Jumping back in to add - You posted this 20 minutes after your "dialation and effacement" thread on our BMB (it's dilation, by the way). So please, tell me, who was rude to you to spark your whiny little rant here? 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I really wish you would be a real woman OP and just tell me I hurt your feelings because I told you we can't predict when you will deliver. If you are going to bitch about something and want sympathy give the whole story so people can make educated decisions. People like you really piss me off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I gave you a completely rational and truthful response on the BMB. Seriously, Do it! It works!!!
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm a first time mom and every post I have put up someone is sooooo negative oh my goodness! Does anyone else have this issue??
    Nope, you're the only one, snowflake.

VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • if you don't want to hear anything other than cheers and rainbows and agreement, don't bother posting on a public board. 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Sorry to hear you're experiencing responses that have not been all that nice. I haven't posted on here before just been reading. I was told by some other preggo mamas on other boards this one is known for a lot of hostility, if you're unhappy my suggestion would be to find a new pregnancy board, there are so many out there I am sure you'll find a great fit for you!   :)
  • I haven't experienced that.
  • OP, stick around long enough and you will see alot of good people and bad people.

~Everyone and new friends welcome ~

My Ovulation Chart

TTC#1 since November 2012
    MC on 6/24/13 at 7w2d

My Furbaby
    photo 31.jpg
  • jbara79 said:

OP, stick around long enough and you will see alot of good people and bad people.

This!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• I haven't really had any hostility directed towards me (except some people poking fun at the fact that I suggested pregnant women ought to warm up lunch meat before eating it, but that wasn't really hostile), but I have seen some D-R-A-M-A on other people's posts!  I was pretty surprised; I kind of expected a site for brides, newlyweds, and/or moms-to-be to have a little bit more maturity and kindness than you find on most internet forums, but I guess not.  I try not to take things too personally and remember that tone can very easily be misread.  It is really ridiculous how there are some people who seem to be LOOKING for something to get offended by, or how people can't answer a simple question without making the asker feel stupid, or how people can't respect that we all have different opinions and priorities for our lives.  But I'm sure the good outweighs the bad.
    Hehe I was reading this when I came across your post and knew exactly what thread you were talking about with the lunch meat. I was on it too, but luckily managed to avoid any remarks when I said they should heat it up - lol. Sometimes you have to just accept the differences of opinions, y'know. I just joined and most of the people seem to be polite and informative, but there are a few that have made me shake my head a little. At first, I was having trouble fitting in and felt nobody was acknowledging my posts, so I thought it was going to end up being a bit exclusive - but then people started replying :) Woo.
    Welcoming First Baby - June 4th, 2014
    BabyFetus Ticker
    baby development
  • I haven't really had any hostility directed towards me (except some people poking fun at the fact that I suggested pregnant women ought to warm up lunch meat before eating it, but that wasn't really hostile), but I have seen some D-R-A-M-A on other people's posts!  

There's a long and storied history of women on TB going way overboard on food restrictions while pregnant. I'm sure part of any responses was somewhat based on ancient history. Just ask people about the fingernail of feta girl ;)

Signed, someone who's clearly been on here way too long, LOL

• People can be a bit crass on here, just reading through the responses to your post makes me go yikes, little harsh. People's behavior in writing represent a lot about who they are in real life and just be lucky you aren't related to anyone of them or have to deal with them on a daily basis. Don't ever be mean back, keep your composure and grace--how you respond or others and how others respond to you speaks volumes about who you are as a person. Keep in mind pregnancy hormone makes all of us a little cranky and we all have our good and bad days--sometimes I have said things that come across a little mean and I am like --dang it, why did I say that or sometimes I am more sensitive and think, what that person said was really mean....but I took it the wrong way. Yes, pregnancy makes us all a little batty-we just can't control what others do, but we can control ourselves and just apply kindness. I have had wonderful support on here. I currently am miscarrying and if it wasn't for the people on here, I would go crazy sad. The forums keep me going and for the most part, I feel welcome here and everyone seems really nice and supportive. 

• MJHershey said:

if you don't want to hear anything other than cheers and rainbows and agreement, don't bother posting on a public board. 

I definitely learned this one the hard way, but the real key is to just accept what people say. OP, I promise you, I'll never be rude to you. But you do have to keep in mind that everyone on here has there own opinion.

Honestly, I've experienced some bumpies on here getting a thrill out of me making a complete ass of myself. And it didn't just happen once.

Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and keep most of your responses to yourself. You don't have to agree with everyone, but you also don't have to feel like everyone is attacking you just because they're telling you something you don't want to hear.

I really hope I helped you. I truly do. Good luck TTC!
  • Lol, look at all these hostile and defensive responses. Exactly what the OP was talking about. She may not have been talking about people being rude to her, just that she has witnessed it a lot.

Girl I'm new to this forum too, but have been around on multiple baby forums and there is drama and judgmental women on ALL of them. I think it's the hormones ;) Just ignore em'. Most of them probably spend hours on this website judging and acting like they're better than everyone else when they wouldn't say any of the things they say on here to women in actual life. They're just bored and bitter!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Man. Any of these comments can seriously send someone into a deep depression if they take things to the heart. You guys are cutthroat man.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ITS A GIRL!
    VERY EXCITED FTD WHO DOES EVERYTHING
    A LOT THAT MOST DADS WOULD LAUGH AT ME FOR!
    HAVING OUR BABY ABROAD.
    military family

• Bdawson87 said:

Sorry to hear you're experiencing responses that have not been all that nice. I haven't posted on here before just been reading. I was told by some other preggo mamas on other boards this one is known for a lot of hostility, if you're unhappy my suggestion would be to find a new pregnancy board, there are so many out there I am sure you'll find a great fit for you!   :)

Not hostility, the women here just prefer to not blow smoke up everyone's ass.

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor, Season 3, Episode 6

Dating Since: 2/13/05 * Married Since: 9/8/12 

• Girl I'm new to this forum too, but have been around on multiple baby forums and there is drama and judgmental women on ALL of them. I think it's the hormones ;) Just ignore em'. Most of them probably spend hours on this website judging and acting like they're better than everyone else when they wouldn't say any of the things they say on here to women in actual life. They're just bored and bitter!
    This post was from 6 months ago. She hasn't been back since September. I highly doubt that she's reading this. 

And as for the bolded- not everyone on this site is pregnant, so no, it's not hormones. Besides, hormones don't make you an uncontrollable horsebeast. But way to degrade women and say that we can't control ourselves due to hormones. 

And you think we're bored and bitter? I supposed you also feel sorry for our husbands and children, don't you. 

Lol, calm down turbo. No need to get your granny panties in a bunch. ;) A majority of the women on here are unnecessary, bitter, think they know everything and spend WAY too much time on here judging other women. If it's not the hormones then they must be bored. Go hangout with your kids or your husband or something and stop hating on women - THROUGH THE INTERNET. It's lame.

• melOHdy said:

Girl I'm new to this forum too, but have been around on multiple baby forums and there is drama and judgmental women on ALL of them. I think it's the hormones ;) Just ignore em'. Most of them probably spend hours on this website judging and acting like they're better than everyone else when they wouldn't say any of the things they say on here to women in actual life. They're just bored and bitter!
    This post was from 6 months ago. She hasn't been back since September. I highly doubt that she's reading this. 

And as for the bolded- not everyone on this site is pregnant, so no, it's not hormones. Besides, hormones don't make you an uncontrollable horsebeast. But way to degrade women and say that we can't control ourselves due to hormones. 

And you think we're bored and bitter? I supposed you also feel sorry for our husbands and children, don't you. 

Lol, calm down turbo. No need to get your granny panties in a bunch. ;) A majority of the women on here are unnecessary, bitter, think they know everything and spend WAY too much time on here judging other women. If it's not the hormones then they must be bored. Go hangout with your kids or your husband or something and stop hating on women - THROUGH THE INTERNET. It's lame.
    Did you really just call someone "unnecessary"?
    I believe I did, yes. You can Google the definition if you'd like

• Apparently if you are NEW to the Bump and are not pre warned about  "what to post" and "what not to post" you just set yourself up to get attacked! I just posted something a friend of mine thought may be a good idea to get some input about in an online community and geeez, it was attack after attack after attack just maybe a few small bits of neutral feedback. Nothing really helpful. I then tried to delete my post all together (which i still haven't figured out how to do) so i just edited my original post and then one of the attackers went to REPOST my original post again, just to keep the thread and badgering going!

I thought this was going to be a place we could calmly discuss personal questions / concerns, not to get medical or by the book answers, but rather to just hear other mommies real life stories and help calm our concerns or nerves a bit with things that may not be a big deal, but to us first timers, maybe we just need that extra reassurance by talking with other first timers experiencing the same things physically and/or emotionally.

I am going to do some research and see what other new users have had to say about this. Apparently being new and posing is like the worst thing you can do - you are expected to comment on other feeds first.....? Sure makes it feel more like entering a wolfs den than joining a community of other fellow pregnant moms....
  • Point - come on gals.... we are all here (or should be here) for the same reasons, which is to offer advice, support and help one another in dealing with pregnancy and little ones. The woman who started this feed is most likely not around anymore, but it certainly caught my eye due to what just happened to me and I was curious if it happens frequently to others. I really was looking forward to being a part of a fun community where I can talk to others and joke/feel better/have a good time with other prego moms.  

Yes, I JUST decided I wanted to try and get involved on The Bump in a number of ways

Yes, that makes me a "Newbie" and im totally okay with that

No, I don't have a history of comments and discussions and badges and all this stuff, IN A NEWBIE and I gotta start somewhere!

Yes, I am totally confused now and have no idea what the unsaid "rules of the Bump" are or how to find them so I stop offending people....

Any suggestions on HOW I am supposed to get started and not piss off the attack of the Bump Patrol?

• @EITrain5 I didn't even want to go back to that board with all that negativity to find that link but I will.

Again, I am new, I didn't know bump pictures were a big "no no" and after it was brought to my attention, i quickly tried to take them down and  I couldn't even take them down without someone else re-posting them.... :-(

I feel like everyone is missing the concern I had here, maybe due to too much back story (another lesion I am noticing on here) - I gained a large amount of weight in a short period of time. I am NOT saying I think I am fat - I don't think I am fat - and yes I know weight gain is something to expect during pregnancy (duh!) My question/concern was if rapid weight gain at that stage in pregnancy (early 2nd trimester) could be a sign of something I need to be cautious of or if all weight gain at all speeds is completely normal.

I was never asking for compliments, I was not saying "I think i'm fat", I was trying to discuss something that was concerning me, which again was the rapid pace at which is happened, and if that could be a warning sign for anything else.

FYI - my DR was not at my last appointment, it was someone I had never met or had history with. He simply said he wasn't concerned about it and to reference my "handbook" - which said 10-15 pounds! I kind of didn't want to sound stupid or like I was over worrying, especially with someone I didn't know, so I accepted that to be the answer I got and decided maybe to discuss it somewhere like here until my next appointment in a few weeks....

• snuff9861 no one is "bitching" about one board to another, this IS a thread in the "new to The Bump" which is where you all told me to go and I am simply responding to another newbie and their experience about the experience I just had. And hopefully for any other newbies to come read and be pre-warned about. Nothing wrong with that....

And what is "you know we can see this right?" supposed to mean - your stalking posts now?  

steffiereed4L is right, some have way too much time on their hands and are worried about the wrong things. Nothing I said was to offend anyone, why my posts are getting badgered and now stocked is beyond me....         

• @lizardbreath14‌ you are cracking me up with the attentive qfp-ing.

@riddlek2‌ if you had posted your third explanation originally instead of basically asking for people to tell you how not fat you are, you might have received a slightly better reaction, but probably not because you have to take time to get involved with the people in a community before you can expect to get genuine concern for something that is really common.

Also as far as trying to delete and change your post to just have it reposted, when someone comes into a thread where this has happened it is very confusing to know what has gone on, so people will tend to "qfp" (quote for posterity) so that we all will know what was originally said. It's not a personal attack against you, but it only tends to happen when people say somewhat ridiculous things.
  • Ahh. I get it. Newbies have a rule book they need to follow in order to get along with the long time established clique here. One by one the old folks are going to leave but not as fast as newbs. Who created this site? I wonder if they love the hostile avenue it has taken. I was just told by my bf to stay off this site unless I want to lurk my whole pregnancy before responding to a post because this site is shit. It's unfortunate for those coming here that can contribute great information or get great information. It's really too bad that this place is not a place of sanctuary for pregnant women where opinions aren't chastised and ganged up on. If you are new, run for the hills. Look at the way the women have already started in on this newb; it doesn't get better unless you agree with every thing they say, love gif's, tacos and sloths. It's pretty redic. Go to I-am-pregnant if you want support. The admin is gone but the women who are supportive through your pregnancy are there, not here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"