July 2013 Moms

Superboob

LO and I are cuddling in bed, I didn't feel like moving her after her 7:30 feeding. Unfortunately my left boob, which is the superboob, is leaking like crazy and hard as a rock! I want to keep relaxing and cuddling but it's so annoying! LO is just too cute to wake up though.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
TTC #1 Since April 2011
BFP #1: 5/12/11, EDD 1/13/12, missed M/C confirmed 6/15/11. We miss you Elijah.

LAP/hysteroscopy 8/28/12 to remove uterine septum and stage 3 endo
10/2/12 Medicated Cycle #1: Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFP!!!
BFP#2: 10/25/12, EDD 7/9/13, Born 7/18/13! It's a girl!
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28
Patiently waiting for my buddy jenn0021 to join me on PGAL
My blog
geoffandjen728

Re: Superboob

• My left boob is the super producer too (if you can call it that). I wanted to keep relaxing this morning but Haddock had other plans! Wish he was sleepy like Leah :)
  • Yeah I hear yay! I do my morning pump *before* he eats so that I get that out of the way, and don't end up being engorged and dealing with a clingy baby.
  • MrsErinHMrsErinH
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    @Asbromle - Bummer! Hopefully he will take a good nap later. She has been super clingy at nap time so I'm not counting on getting any extra sleep later.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    TTC #1 Since April 2011
    BFP #1: 5/12/11, EDD 1/13/12, missed M/C confirmed 6/15/11. We miss you Elijah.

LAP/hysteroscopy 8/28/12 to remove uterine septum and stage 3 endo
    10/2/12 Medicated Cycle #1: Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFP!!!
    BFP#2: 10/25/12, EDD 7/9/13, Born 7/18/13! It's a girl!
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28
    Patiently waiting for my buddy jenn0021 to join me on PGAL
    My blog
  • My left is super boob too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sweet babies, you are so very loved: Jack 11/29/2009 and Brynne 7/11/2013

"What is best for the child is not always what is most convenient for the parent." ~ Bonnie Bedford 

"Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; 
    You are raising a human being." -Kittie Franz
  • My left is super boob too!

Me too! I got 4 oz out of it one morning after a feeding because of how engorged I was....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Weird, my left boob is also the super producer.
    BFP: 11/12/12 EDD: 7/25/13 Born: 7/27/13
  • I pump more from my left too. My left boob has always been bigger maybe that has something to do with it...
  • Wow my left boob is always the superboob too kinda freaky LOL

• Apparently it's more common for the left to be superboob. I read somewhere that it usually has more ducts than the right.  

I'm the opposite. My right boob is the super-producer/sprayer (although the left leaks more). I was visibly asymmetrical as a child, and if you look closely you can still tell as an adult that my right side is bigger. My right foot is actually a whole half-size larger than my left.  Although there's really no cup size difference between my breasts. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Apparently it's more common for the left to be superboob. I read somewhere that it usually has more ducts than the right.  

I'm the opposite. My right boob is the super-producer/sprayer (although the left leaks more). I was visibly asymmetrical as a child, and if you look closely you can still tell as an adult that my right side is bigger. My right foot is actually a whole half-size larger than my left.  Although there's really no cup size difference between my breasts. :)
    That's so interesting. Was there a reason your body grew the way it did? How do you buy shoes? I'm intrigued, sorry :)
  • Asbromle said:
    Apparently it's more common for the left to be superboob. I read somewhere that it usually has more ducts than the right.  

That's so interesting. Was there a reason your body grew the way it did? How do you buy shoes? I'm intrigued, sorry :)
    I usually buy shoes in the larger size, and my left foot has to suck it up. ;)

Interestingly, when my mom took me to the doctor after discovering I was so asymmetrical, they did an x-ray and discovered a weird tumor in my chest. They speculated that I absorbed a twin in utero and it caused the asymmetrical growth.

Incidentally, I have always had a fascination with identical twins, and always wanted to be one.  Maybe it's my (literal) inner twin exerting herself?  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

EagleWife
  • Interesting, lefty is my super boob too, I can pump twice as much in the same amount of time as righty. Lefty has always been the bigger boob too.

J13 siggy, mop dogs!
    The 40 Greatest Dog GIFs Of All Time
  • ebille said:
    Interesting, lefty is my super boob too, I can pump twice as much in the same amount of time as righty. Lefty has always been the bigger boob too.

Yup, that! Too weird!
    photo ScreenShot2014-02-19at122522PM.png
  • Also a left superboob owner. It's always been bigger than the right one and now it's ridiculously bigger. I try to remember to give the right side a chance so that it doesn't completely disappear.

• Asbromle said:

Apparently it's more common for the left to be superboob. I read somewhere that it usually has more ducts than the right.  

I usually buy shoes in the larger size, and my left foot has to suck it up. ;)

Interestingly, when my mom took me to the doctor after discovering I was so asymmetrical, they did an x-ray and discovered a weird tumor in my chest. They speculated that I absorbed a twin in utero and it caused the asymmetrical growth.

Incidentally, I have always had a fascination with identical twins, and always wanted to be one.  Maybe it's my (literal) inner twin exerting herself?  ;)

That's wild!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage