5 Weeks Pregnant

8 days late and negative tests

Hello everyone ....so we are ttc second time around. We had a miscarriage last December 2012. How ever I am 8 days late and all the tests at home say negative. My cycle does vary as one month it is 34 days and the next 29 and seems to be a pattern. I don't know when is a good time to call the docs and/or how long again to test at home. Any advice ?!?!

Re: 8 days late and negative tests

• How sensitive is the test?  The cheaper ones, which I bought in bulk, are meant to be day of.  If they still say nothing, go get a blood test from doctor - those normally are spot on.
  • I have cheaper ones.... I will look into buying the name brand ones! Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Even though I knew I was pregnant, I bought the Clear Blue Easy digital that tells you how many weeks because I am at higher risk for twins.  I was hoping it would gie me a clearer indication by the date it gave me.  I was in my fourth week and it said three plus, which really meant five plus.
  • so update, I  had a blood test last week and it was neg. I have no period, and have been tired! I am nervous because I do have cramping mainly on the right side. I took a home test today and it was pos.! Called the docs and the blood test shows about 2-3 weeks pregnant. This just doesnt make sense to me. Has anyone ever ovualted REALLY late? Thanks I am just very nervous!!!!!
  • That's exactly what happened with me. Neg home test neg blood test but no af! I kept testing and recording my temps until I got bfp! I don't have an appt until 10/29 :( so idk how to guess my edd. Because my lmp was actually a miscarriage so my af wasn't normal. But I'm convinced now that we are okay. I think we got the best bfp stories than anyone else, high five!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"