Multiples
Options

Positive FFN at 33 weeks

Hi all,

Well I got the call this evening that my FFN test was positive today so I was sent to hospital for a steroid shot and will do the same tomorrow. Obviously I'm a little freaked because I was expecting it to be negative like previous ones. I'm still working at my teaching job so on the fence about what I should do as far as continuing work, etc. At this point I'm going to try and make it to my 34 week appt next week and go from there. Crazy to think babies could potentially be here in next 2 weeks!! Any suggestions or similar experiences with positive FFN tests? Thanks!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Positive FFN at 33 weeks

• Options

I had PTL @ 30w and had a negative FFN at the time.  I got my steriod shots then.  My water broke 2 weeks later and I delivered @ 32w.  Good luck and try to take it easy!  :)

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    I have a friend who stayed pregnant for nearly six weeks after a positive FFN. It can happen! Good luck!
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    GL! Hopefully it means nothing -- my understanding is that a negative FFN is super reliable, while a positive is not. 
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My water broke 9 days after my positive FFN. I did receive the steroid shots, and was on modified bedrest for those 9 days. I had my girls at 32 weeks, 1 day.... Good luck! My doctor also said that a positive FFN was not a reliable indicator that you would go into labour.
    Daisypath imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"