January 2013 Moms
Options

Did anyone get the TDaP vaccine while pregnant

Hi. I've been trying to find other moms who got the TDaP vaccine while pregnant. I got it with some hesitation when I was almost 38 weeks pregnant after my OB kept recommending it and promising me that it was totally safe. So I was very upset to learn that the vaccine has actually not been tested in pregnant women and that the actual vaccine manufacturer says it should only be given to pregnant women if absolutely necessary. So far my daughter seems to be developing just fine. I was just hoping to find another mom who did the same to see what her experience is.

Re: Did anyone get the TDaP vaccine while pregnant

• Options
    I got it. I felt that I made an educated decision and I'm happy with that. These days, everything causes something, nothings safe... It's awful. We just have to do the best we can!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    82Sonia82Sonia member
    edited September 2013
    I had it too.

ETA We had an outbreak of pertussis in my area. A couple of infants died last year so the benefits outweighed any risk IMO.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got it in the hospital after giving birth. I actually requested it during pregnancy but my OB would not give it to me while pregnant, she said it wasn't something she felt comfortable giving during pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine in the hospital after having DD. my ob doesn't give it to women who are pregnant.
  • Options
    I got it. I felt that I made an educated decision and I'm happy with that. These days, everything causes something, nothings safe... It's awful. We just have to do the best we can!

This exactly. I did, I felt like I made a well informed choice. DS is perfectly fine, technically ahead of the curve so far. Think what our grandparents did with our parents....our generation is super sensitive about every little thing it seems to almost take away from some of the fun. IMPO.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I did.  I work in a hospital and am exposed to a lot and felt that it was a good decision.  My DD seems just fine and I think if we investigated such things that there will always be a risk but the benefit far outweighs the risk in my opinion. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got it too while preggos.
  • Options
    I got it during my 2nd tri and DD is perfectly fine.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    I got it 2 days after DD was born. I wouldn't worry unless you notice a delay. And even then, don't panic, just ask the pedi.
  • Options
    82Sonia said:

I had it too.

ETA We had an outbreak of pertussis in my area. A couple of infants died last year so the benefits outweighed any risk IMO.

This. We had one of the highest pertussis cases in my state in a long time. I felt it best.
    My OB actually recommended getting both TDaP and Flu shots in my 3rd tri to pass on the immunities.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got it because there was an increased number of cases. I didn't want my child to die/get very ill from something that could have easily been avoided.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    I got it too! Both T and I are doing great :)

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Options
    I got it around 34 weeks I believe. DS is fine and ahead of the curve with pretty much everything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Had mine and the flu shot, kiddo is doing great, smart as a whip, and developmentally on track.
  • Options

I had it done, no problems here :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

• Options
    Not until after giving birth in the hospital.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options
    Thanks for all of your replies. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I know it doesn't do any good to second guess something you can't change but I just can't help but worry a little bit especially when there are OB's out there that refused to give it during pregnancy. Just makes me wonder why some like mine pushed it.
  • Options
    I got it while pregnant. No side effects that I can see. There was an outbreak in our area. I weighed the pros and cons and decided to get it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had it and we've had no problems.
  • Options
    Yes. I got it and the flu vaccine.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm 28 weeks now and hesitant to get the shot..
  • Options
    I got it. DD is progressing great and none of us got whopping cough which was really important to me bc it was epidemic level here and DH works at a children's hospital and I work at a school.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I also had it in the late 2nd/early 3rd tri and no problems or regrets here

• Options
    Are you sure you have the most up to dat information. My midwife just told me today that they are now recommending tdap in the third trimester and studies support it.
  • Options
    I am 26 weeks pregnant and have been heavily considering the TDap. These posts are extremely comforting and will most likely get the vaccination. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"