May 2013 Moms
Options

baby's Only organic formula by Natures One

I have been using Enfamil Gentlease and recently found out that it may be made with genetically modified ingredients. After an extensive search, I came across Babys only formula that states its a toddler formula on the canister but many parents use it for their infants as little as six weeks old without any issues. This product is USDA organic and claims to be made without GMO ingredients. I asked my pediatrician about it and she stated that its fairly new and they do not know much about it. I told her I was concerned about the other products on the market, Enfamil, Gerber, Similac and even Earths Best and the first three are not GMO free, E Best uses Hexane to extract the DHA and ARA used in its formulas. Her response: Gerber, Enfamil, Similac have been around for a long time and they are what we recommend, I am not concerned about the GMO in these formulas as I have never seen any ill effects from using them, however since we do not know much about Babys only, I would not recommend it but the decision is yours.
So, she is not concerned about GMO products in baby formula????????

Wow!!

Have any of you used Babys one formula for your infant? Did you like it or cause issues?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: baby's Only organic formula by Natures One

• Options
    They have Similac Organic, I was using that for awhile.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Maybe it's ignorant...but I refuse to get hyped up about GMO's. It's just the latest thing that people want to get obsessed about. We are EBF this baby so far, but we plan to use Similac if we do end up supplementing as we did with DD1.

Also, I think it's silly that you'd be afraid of GMO's, but not afraid of giving your baby a formula that's marketed for toddlers and not nutritionally adequate for an infant.

Listen to your doctor...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldnt use a toddler formula. I have been using Similac Organic since I stopped the breastmilk, and neither my baby nor my pediatrician have any complaints. It is USDA certified organic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Maybe it's ignorant...but I refuse to get hyped up about GMO's. It's just the latest thing that people want to get obsessed about. We are EBF this baby so far, but we plan to use Similac if we do end up supplementing as we did with DD1.

Also, I think it's silly that you'd be afraid of GMO's, but not afraid of giving your baby a formula that's marketed for toddlers and not nutritionally adequate for an infant.

Listen to your doctor...
    Agreed. I get the organic stuff (though don't personally go for it cuz we're poor) but GMOs are going a little far for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited September 2013
    After a lot of research we still decided to go with Earths Best. No matter what you decide, I wouldn't go with Baby's Only because its made for Toddlers for a reason. Honestly they all have their things that are concerning but Organic is still the better option :-(

• Options
    russo546 said:
    Wow! This is an eye opening article for me. Thanks for sharing
  • Options
    Just a heads up that Baby's Only is marketed to toddlers because the company promotes breast feeding the first year.  With that said the formula actually is fine for infants and matches the nutritional counts of all standard infant formulas and meets the FDA guidelines for infants.

From the company web-site...

https://www.naturesone.com/dairy-dha/frequent-questions/

• Options
    I definitely don't think it is clever word play, and I have compared it to other infant formulas.
  • Options
    The reason I would choose this organic formula over others are the ingredients.
  • Options
    Their website addresses that concern.
  • Options
    ToriandbrianToriandbrian member
    edited January 2014
    We are currently using this formula to help supplement. So glad we found it and read that article really helped us make a wise decision. I didn't want to give DD formula but when I started producing less after trying everything I rally had to other option. Pediatrician said it was ok to use it.
    Tori
  • Options
    Ok that article was long and had a lot of charts. We do a little supplementation with R. Can anyone just boil it down and tell me which was the best? Sorry work is insane and R has RSV. We use Similac Organic, how is that? Again I'm sorry I'm so sleep deprived right now
  • Options
    @emmy236, the Walmart brand parents choice is the exact same thing as similac organic. Cheaper though
  • Options
    I bought baby's Only organic after doing a lot of research and reading many reviews. I am still before, but if my supply ever gets too low, I have the regular and sensitive formula in my cupboard. So far my efforts to increase my supply are working, though (knock on wood).
  • Options
    Baby Formula is some of the most highly regulated shit out there.  I use Similac.  Im cool with it.

Who deleted posts?
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"