Special Needs

A "friends" question

Did/Does your child have issues with "friends" who are more interested in things that your child has than in the child?

We live in a development that is primarily families so there are always children running around. If you ask DS1 who his friends are, he'll say the two kids who live in the homes closest to us and will state "because they are my neighbors". The boys are all the same age. They play on almost a daily basis and often want to play in our yard which is the only fenced one. It also is stocked with many outdoor toys which they love to use and we don't mind. The problem is that they seem to only want to play with him if he brings his toys outside (scooters, chalk) or plays in our yard. Today they invited him out and asked if they could play in the yard. DH had seeded it yesterday so I said not today. After DS1 put on his shoes and went outside, they told him they couldn't play and had to go. He came back inside and said "Well, they had to go to X's house instead." and went to play in his room. He doesn't seem to notice/care but it's becoming more frequent that they are not including him or ignoring him when they are playing together so I don't know if we should say anything to him about it.

Re: A "friends" question

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"