April 2014 Moms

How many babies are you having?

Kelseyl34Kelseyl34 member
edited August 2013 in April 2014 Moms
Everyday I feel like there is a new post about twins, so I'm wondering what percentage of people are actually having twins.

How many babies are you having? 259 votes

One baby
40% 106 votes
Twins
5% 14 votes
Triplets or more
0% 2 votes
Don't know yet
52% 137 votes

Re: How many babies are you having?

• I just answered one, but I guess the honest truth is I don't know :). Can't imagine there's more than one, but who knows!
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• My doctor said that my HCG levels are pretty high and twins do run in my family. Hell..I'll be happy just making it through this pregnancy, without any complications and healthy baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oops, I hit one but I haven't had an ultrasound yet. I highly doubt two though.
  • Congrats! Better 2,3,4 then none. I have three friends with multiples and they say it really isn't that bad.
  • I maybe insane and hormonal now but I would love twins! :) I just hope my little one makes it... That's all I pray
  • We find out tomorrow I was on clomid and a monitored cycle so I had ultrasound cd12 with 3 mature follies. So this iui could result in more than one LO I say one but the DW has had twin dreams so she in convinced there is 2 :)
  • I should hope just one as I really don't want twin babies and a 2 year old.
  • I'm hoping there is just one!

BFP #1 - 3/19/09 - M/C  - 4/5/09 6 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 - 7/1/09 - DD born 3/8/2010
    BFP #3 - 11/1/10 - chemical pregnancy
    BFP #4 - 1/2/11 - DS born 9/8/11
    BFP#5 - 7/13/13 - stick baby stick!  Due 4/24/14

• im hoping for two lol. but ill find out wednesday and then ill answer your poll.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My hcg levels were insanely high at 3.5-4 weeks along (much higher than the max reported values on betabase) and I'm only having one baby! I was a bit worried about multiples at first, and I'm very glad we have just one inside.
  • So it's normal to have high levels without always having more then one? Well that's good to know then.
  • My first beta at 13dpo was only 94, at 15 dpo it was 164 and then by 5w3d I was at 14,000. And I'm having triplets.
  • I am having twins, but after 2 years and through ivf
    Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• Twins here! I also had an iui. I'm still very nervous though, my last pregnancy started as twins but lost one at 10 weeks :(
  • My husband and I are convinced we are having twins. Just found out though and drs appointment is in a few weeks still!
  • I am praying it is one. We were pregnant with twins and lost them. Honestly I would be devastated if it was twins I have hard enough pregnancies with one. I find out Wednesday.
  • Twins for my DH and I. Ours were spontaneous, and my very first pregnancy! How crazy?! We're still trying to get used to the fact that there are two growing in there
  • Twins for my DH and I. Ours were spontaneous, and my very first pregnancy! How crazy?! We're still trying to get used to the fact that there are two growing in there

Same as mselliott08! Spontaneous twins! We are excited and nervous all at the same time :) I am glad there are a lot twin mamas on here though because I know I'll have questions further down the road!
  • We are having spontaneous twins as well.  Honestly, we're kind of terrified right now.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• @nessabeers @twirple what are your due dates? Mine was changed to march 31, but most likely sooner since twins are usually early
  • @mselliott08 my due date is now April 1st but like you said probably earlier delivery!
  • @nessabeers I was super excited when my ob told me that he had delivered twins naturally just last week!
  • @mselliott08 my due date hasn't changed, so right now it is still April 19th.  I was meeting with a Midwife, who was wonderful, but not my doctor.  I have an appointment with my OB next Friday and I'm guessing that she will update my due date then.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"