Upstate NY Babies

Where to Deliver

I am 38 wks and had to move out of state just last week from Philadelphia to Camillus. This was sudden and unplanned, but for the better. The  problem is I have to apply for medicaid here as it does not transfer and I can't seem to find an Ob/Gyn. 5 places have told me they will not accept a prenatal patient so late in the pregnancy, others won't take me without insurance, and 2 that will not do VBAC!!  I finally find one that will see me and my records disappear the day they are faxed. As it stands I will not be able to have another appointment before going into labor. I am 100% healthy and the baby is as well. I did have an appointment the day before I moved too. Considering all things, I am not overly worried if I don't see an Ob/Gyn. My main concern is where to go for delivery. Can I just chose a hospital and go there when labor starts? No offices have been helpful in giving me guidance as I am not a patient and this all very frustrating. I want to get paperwork completed ahead of time and familiarize my self with hospitals maternity floor and be prepared. Do I just call hospitals and ask at this point? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks mamas

Re: Where to Deliver

• Wow!! My husband and I just moved to baldwinsville from philadelphia! What a small world!! How are you adjusting? I'm not thrilled yet, but hopefully once the baby comes I will feel like it's home. Anyway, doctors and hospitals.... I go to Dr Berry and Associates (offices in b-ville and Syracuse) they deliver at Crouse. I had to find a new doctor up here as well. I'm not sure if you have contacted them. Legally, hospitals cannot turn you away when you show up, but I understand that you want to be prepared. Here is the number for preregistration at crouse, 315-470-7873 (option 2), weekdays btw 8-3. Good luck!!!
  • Maybe look up some midwife services... Best of luck
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are planning to VBAC I believe St. Joe's has a VBAC ban, so that would leave Crouse for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am initially from Camillus. Although I have not lived here for years it still feels like home! I never adjusted to Philly lol. I did call Crouse and will be delivering there! Only stipulation is I can't preregister, which is not a big deal at this point! Thanks for the advice!
  • @magnoliagrl1 I also love Dr. Berry & Assoc.  I am TTC, not pregnant yet, so I have only seen the NP there but she is absolutely wonderful. They came highly recommended by friends with little ones.  Good luck!

• We plan on Crouse for our VBAC. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Joanna (30) Michael (31) 
    Twin sons born June 2009 after 1 Year ART, 
    Anthony and Brandon 6/25/09 
    Trying for #3 for 2 years
    IUI #10- BFP! m/c 2/23/2014 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"