November 2013 Moms
Options

Flagging Rules

Here is some wording for flagging -- share with your boards?

So, what's up with the "flag" button?

All members will have the ability to anonymously report posts that will now come directly to both moderator and admin attention. Keep in mind that we will review and take appropriate actions. This flagging option is NOT to be used as a “dislike” button or on posts that may disagree with you, etc.

The Bump will keep records of all reported posts and handle abusers of this flagging privilege individually.

In addition to flagged posts, we will continue to address any violations of our Community Rules. Review them here.

What should I flag?:

Spam- Any posts advertising services

Harassment- If you feel a user is harassing a member to an extreme level.

Online Vandalism- Posts designed to raise a user’s post count.

Personal Information- Any post where a person’s personal information is being given without their consent. This includes name, telephone number, address, email address, work information, etc.

Impersonating Other Members/The Bump Employees- Any username designed to be a copy of another user’s name or Knot Employee.

An obvious violation of the Community Rules should also be flagged.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Flagging Rules

• Options

Too bad I have a flag from that one biznitch who got mad because we wouldn't share our Instagram usernames.
    You mean Polagram? If you didn't notice, she never came back. She was totally spamming us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seriously. I got flagged for saying "please."
  • Options
    What is "online vandalism"? Is that like MUD?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is why it is important to not abuse it. Each flag is Approved or dismissed, but the points will stay with you even though the comment was dismissed as not being a violation. It is a way for the bump gods to keep track of those that are consistently flagged. 

• Options

I think it's more like the online equivalent of "tagging" in graffiti.
  • Options
    It can also be the "don't pay attention to me" posts where the poster continues to post ...  and random other posts to get their count up.
  • Options
    artistlifeartistlife member
    edited August 2013
    There has been a few, in the past, that would just write one word in a post, or an emoticon. Then they would repost the same thing over and over just to up their post count. I consider that online vandalism.
    ETA: Grammar and proof reading are hard today.
    It can also be the "don't pay attention to me" posts where the poster continues to post ...  and random other posts to get their count up.

• Options
    Question only bc I think I did this one night while starting to fall asleep while bumping...if you hit the flag button, can you unflag quickly as it was a mistake? I can't even remember who it was but I never meant to hit the button!
    ::immediately hits head saying "awe, shit, shit, shit::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"