Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Sleeping at Night

Hi girls!! I am a soon to be first time mommy.  We are working on our registry, and I am not sure which or all I should register for.  Bouncer, swing, mamaroo, PNP, RNP.  What do you find most useful??  What does your babe sleep in at night???  Thanks so much for your help!!!

Re: Sleeping at Night

• We have a bouncer and a swing which LO loves both. We have a PNP to take back and forth to other houses. LO sleeps in a crib. 
  • We started him off in a co sleeper to have in the bed so I didn't have to get up too much after my c section. A RNP would be good too. Then we put the co sleeper in the pnp in our room and he slept in that until he got used to the pnp. He is now transitioned to his crib in his room. He has a big sway swing and a smaller swing, both of which he loves. Also highly recommend the boppy lounger. He's currently snoozing next to me on that while I pump.
  • Loading the player...
  • Bouncer, swing, mamaroo, PNP, RNP.  What do you find most useful??  What does your babe sleep in at night??? 

No matter what your baby ends up sleeping in, I highly recommend getting a swing and bouncer anyway. We have the Fisher Price Calming Vibrations bouncer and the Fisher Price Snugabunny Swing...both have been life savers!

I personally did register for and get a PNP thinking that DD would sleep in it in our room. Nope, DD is a very noisy sleeper and would keep both myself and DH up at night. We would also wake her every time we turned over in bed. So after night 2, she ended up in her own crib, in her own room.

That being said, depending on your individual baby, register for a good monitor too so you have it on hand. You really never know, all babies are very different.

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• PnP and swing are a must. The napper/changer option on the PnP is great to have until they grow out of it. Momaroo is nice, but there is no guarantee that your LO will like it. DD only used it for two weeks before she started crying when we put her in.
  • Our baby either sleeps in his bassinet or his bouncer.  We will move him upstairs to his crib once he sleeps through the night.  Our room is on the first floor and I don't want to go up and down those stairs at night!

• We have a Mamaroo, and our son likes to nap in it during the day. At the beginning he wasn't really good at staying in anything while awake for long periods of time. We recently got a bouncer, and he really likes it. I can move it around the house or bring him outside with me.

For the first 11 weeks DS slept by our bed in a bassinet. We transitioned him to his crib in his room this week. Each baby is different, and may change their preference over time.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• VASC said:

We started with the Arms Reach Cosleeper in our room. After two weeks, we transitioned her to a PNP in her room. We have two swings: one is actually a swing frame for her infant carseat. However, it has taken awhile for her to warm up to it. She doesn't like to be in the five point harness. We ended up borrowing a different swing with just a three point arness and she likes it better (but truthfully, it's taken her whole month of life for her to begin liking either swing for any considerable amount of time). Don't be surprised if your baby doesn't immediately like every gizmo you buy...just keep reintroducing and he/she will hopefully get used to it.

This. DD hates anything where she isn't lying flat - car seat, swing, you name it. She sleeps in her crib or bassinet, and naps either there or in her carrier.

• We went with a PNP . We knew we would need it later on for trips so we had to get it anyways.  It was my plan to use that and see it how went and if she didn't sleep well I would run out and buy a RNP.  Luckily LO sleeps great in the PNP and we saved money buy not overbuying items.
  • Our LO's both slept in a PNP at the foot of our bed for the first 3-4 months. DD is still there, obviously (2 month old).
    "A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • RnP is what my DD sleeps in a night and most naps. She LOVES it. She is now 9wks, and we are working on moving her to the bassinet of the PnP, which lays flat, and then we'll move her to her crib. 
    I have a bouncy seat at both my parents, and my in-laws, for DD to lay/sleep in when we go over for dinner or whatever. 
    I REALLY wanted a MamaRoo, but couldn't afford it. My neighbor let me borrow her SnugABunny swing, and DD loves it. She sleeps and hangs out in it. 
  • We have a swing, bouncy seat and PNP. She likes the swing and the bouncy seat. She sleeps in the PNP in our room. It's just easier to have her in with us until she sleeps through the night.

• Thank you soo much for all your responses!! You girls are awesome!!
  • We have a bassinet, PNP, RNP, and a swing. LO sleeps in the bassinet upstairs in our room at night. The RNP is for her nap times during the day; we keep it downstairs in the living room. She hasn't slept at all in the PNP; we mainly use it right now as the changing table downstairs. The swing is for her active/wake time. Once I see her starting to doze off, I move her in the RNP or her crib.

If I were to pick a favorite, I'd probably go with the RNP. LO loves sleeping in it, it's portable, and it's affordable.
  • Swing for naps and a rnp to sleep at night. The rnp is really lightweight and portable if you travel much.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We started her out in a portable basinet in our room. She is now 3 and a half months and is too long for it. She now sleeps in her crib.

New Mommy!!!

• My daughter slept in the PNP and swing the most.  My son sleeps in the RNP for night and the swing for naps.  Neither of my kids were huge fans of the bouncers, but I like having them - one on each floor of the house - for convenience. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO slept in crib since day 1 at night In the day she naps in her Mamaroo And bouncer is great because its so small and portable I have one in our bathroom so if I have to shower/get ready and she's awake
    this! I personally am glad we started with the crib, some nights at around 3 or 4 he may end up in the mamaroo if he won't settle and I am tired. The bouncer is great for just getting things done around the house because he has things to look at and is right there with me.

• BC&LMBC&LM member
    edited August 2013
    Most definitely a Rock and Play. We absolutely love ours! He does all his daytime naps in it, and it is so convenient if you need to put down the baby for a moment. If you plan on the baby sleeping in your room at night for the first few months I would get a Pack and Play too. That is what we use ours for. We have a bouncer with a sway function, but honestly we don't use it very much. We don't have a swing.
  • Our baby has been sleeping in his crib since he was 5 days old. We planned to use a bassinet, but he hated it. It's been really great... We all get more sleep and we never had to deal with the dreaded transition.

fYI, the rock and play can cause flat spots in some babies. Also, many people have a hell of a time getting baby to sleep on a flat surface after sleeping in the rock and play for months. I would have used one if we absolutely had to, but I didn't want to... And in the end we didn't needit.

Just be flexible and know that no matter what you plan, your baby may or may not go along with it. Be open and do what you have to (as long as it's safe) to get some sleep. The best laid plans fly out the window with a newborn.

We also have a pack and play... LO sleeps just fine in it for travel,and now it is at our nanny's house.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • DD slept in her pack-n-play until she was 3 months, then slept in her crib. We also had a bouncer and a swing. She took the majority of her naps in the bouncer, and it ended up being my favorite baby item with her.

DS is only 6 days old. I had planned on him sleeping in the pack-n-play until we get DD transitioned out of the crib (she's only 18 months), but so far he will not sleep flat on his back, so we've been putting him in the bouncer at night. Hopefully we'll be able to get him used to sleeping flat eventually.
  • LO has slept in crib since we came back for hospital and only took naps in there, my arms or carrier.

bouncer was nice when she was 6ish weeks to have a place to put her, and a swing for the same reason but I think she's taken like 5 swing naps total and never slept in her bouncer. ever.

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • LO is 10 weeks and due to her reflux sleeps in the RNP. We love it because we can also use the swaddle me swaddle and feel relaxed and know she won't get out of it etc. I highly recommened the rnp she sleeps 7 hours at night now.
  • My LO is 7 weeks old. At night he sleeps on his bassinet, planning on transitioning to the crib around 12weeks.

During the day he naps in the Boppy on the couch next to me or his bouncer if I'm not able to keep an eye on him.

We also have a sway seat and a PNP. The swing he rarely sits in though he loved it when we first had him home. The PNP he won't nap in so we use it as a changing table at this point.
  • LO loves the Mamaroo. She sleeps in a bassinet in her room. We bought a place and play for her before birth but have not used it.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"