September 2012 Moms

Let's talk Halloween Costumes

I only bring this up because I want opinions.

Last Halloween, DD was Minnie Mouse.  I got it at Babies R Us, it was easy and cute since she was like 8 pounds.  A onesie with the skirt attached and the ears/bow hat.

Fast forward to her at about 6 months and my MIL (who I love dearly) bought her the cutest Minnie Mouse costume at the Disney store because it was on clearance for like $8.  She wasn't buying it to make her wear it for Halloween #2, but just because it is cute/cheap.

BUT, the costume will fit DD this Halloween (she is just starting to outgrow 9 months size and the costume is 12 month size).  Is it bad/cheap/tacky, whatever, of me to have DD be the same thing for her first 2 halloweens?  The current costume is really cute - dress with crinoline and all.  Her first one was just a onesie with a skirt attached and the hat of ears/bow like I mentioned.  WWS12D?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's talk Halloween Costumes

• I think it would be super cute. Especially to have comparison pictures.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Go for it!  My nephew wore the same costume 2 years in a row and no one noticed until we were looking back on pictures. 
    Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not tacky at all. Probably super cute. No one is going to say "but wasn't she Minnie last year?" They'll be all like "oh look at the cute Minnie!" Plus how many kids go as the same thing for a bunch of years? Tons.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    Nobody is going to remember what she was last year. Go for it.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• BobKat22 said:
    I think I was a witch half of my childhood. The other half I was a cheerleader. I think it's fine. She's going to be really cute! That's the costume I was going for last year, but ended up with a Minnie Mouse onesie type costume instead.

I was Strawberry Shortcake 2 years in a row bc I freaking loved her and my mom couldn't talk me I to anything else. Also, I don't think anyone will notice but you.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I seriously went as a sheet draped ghost for most Halloween's, so I think this would be adorable.

I did this and kept tripping over the damn sheet
  • I've been a black cat 9 out of the last 11 Halloweens.  It's totally cool.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• From the person who wore the same two pairs of pants every day of my pregnancy, DO IT!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I am pretty sure I was a witch for 5ish years growing up. Let DD wear the Minnie costume. nbd.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • It's cute, paid for, and you don't have to stress about what costume she is going to wear over the next three months. Triple win.

• @banich4eva, this seems as good a place as any, I am in LOVE with your sig gif. I love the "look at all the fucks I give one" but man, bothers, man. I lol every time.

I'm so glad that someone else appreciates it! I lol'd. DH found it on buzzfeed and so of course my immediate thought was "NEW SIGGY!"
  • Rock the Minnie, both outfits sound a little different, but cute, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Thanks ladies, you make me feel much better.  I could use the lack of stressing about what to make her and saving the dough before the Holidays roll in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think it's fine if she's Minnie again! The costume sounds adorable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"