Wisconsin Babies

Moving to Oconomowoc, need OB/GYN recommendation!

I will be moving to Oconomowoc in October and will be 36 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. Can anyone recommend a good OB/GYN? My previous two deliveries were actually overseas and were very natural with very little intervention (no IV, no continuous monitoring) and I'm hoping to find someone who will let me have that same type of experience here. Thanks!

Re: Moving to Oconomowoc, need OB/GYN recommendation!

• I delivered at Waukesha Memorial last year and it was a wonderful experience. I would recommend finding an ob/gyn that delivers there. I go the Moreland ob/gyn group in Waukesha and have been very happy with them.
  • I live in Oconomowoc! My OB is Debra Olson at ProHealth. Her clinic is located in the hospital. I'm pregnant with my 4th child. I have really been happy with her, she has delivered all my babies, the last birth was twins. I love her!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally didn't like Waukesha memorial for a natural birth. If you don't have really fast births I would look into west Allis women's pavilion. I don't recommend the midwife Allie but other people I know really liked the midwives through aurora. We lost a baby in November and the women's pavilion has too many bad memories for me right now so my next delivery will be at Elmbrook. I have heard they are good with natural births, we will see.
  • I love my ob and the experience I had at aurora summit, right there in oconomowoc. His name is Joseph Shea. The whole delivery was wonderful!
  • I had the same wonderful experience with Dr. Shea at Aurora. We saw him at his office in Waukesha and Summit in Oconomowoc. The hospital where we delivered and where his Oconomowoc office is was also wonderful- the classes, staff, facility. Highly recommend, we just had our first this past December.
  • amanda012184amanda012184 member
    edited November 2014
    I had my first in Hartford which is an Aurora hospital.  Incompetence almost killed my son.  They wanted to rush things and he wanted to come out sunny side up. 
    I am also a nursing student and my school is based out of Milwaukee. Aurora's are known to want you to deliver fast and if you don't they will intervene. Pro health on the other hand has a very good reputation for allowing you to control your delivery as much as the hospital will let them.  You have to remember that a lot of what the doc does or does not do is dictated by insurance companies and the hospital policies. Your experience in America vs over seas will be drastically different.  I am sorry to say that but the way we let our women have babies is very unnatural. Docs want babies out fast and so do the insurance companies.
    Check out this site. Consumer reports did an analysis of weather or not hospitals are avoiding c-sections.
    https://www.consumerreports.org/health/doctors-hospitals/hospital-ratings.htm

When you call to make the appointment tell them you want the most natural experience possible.
    I choose Dr. Angsten at Pro health in Occonomowac for this reason. She is new to me and I cannot give you more information than my one experience with her but I thought she was awesome.  I was told threw word of mouth that she has a more laid back homeopathic type approach.  She made me feel very comfortable very quickly and I am not easily pleased by docs.
    Good luck hope this helped and you get the experience you are after.
  • @trumpk Who did you end up going with?  My husband and I are TTC and I'm looking for a new Ob/Gyn in the Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital area.  I'm looking for as natural a delivery as possible when the time comes.  I'd prefer a female doctor and I'm going to do some research on Dr. Angsten per @amanda012184 's recommendation

• @malmoose Are you still looking for a new OB? I live in Ocon and my OB/Gyn is Dr. Olson. She is amazing. I had a difficult delivery with my first and at around hour 28 of labor, she said she was going to have the surgical team prepare for a c-section, but we were going to try pushing that baby at and she wouldn't take me until she was certain we had no other choice. Two hours later, I pushed out my DD! 
    BabyFruit Ticker