February 2012 Moms
Options

Moms of little boys

3 days ago DS saw himself pee in the tub, we didn't scold him or say anything. He screamed and was shaking and crying hysterically. We comforted him, drained the tub and started over. He peed 2 more times that night and we repeated the draining and he repeated the uncontrollable crying . He did the same thing the past two nights. We tried cheering when he did it to get him to laugh but nothing works. I am at a loss of what to do! Now he is scared to even get in the tub. Tonight we let him roam around the bathroom in his diaper to get him to pee before he got in the tub. He did, but still went in the tub and still the non-stop tears.

We haven't even come close to starting potty training and he doesn't even acknowledge that he has done anything in his diaper.

Is this normal? I know all babies are different but I have never heard of this, nothing is even showing up in Google!

Re: Moms of little boys

• Options
    Is it possible that it isn't the peeing and he is just going through a phase of not liking the tub? DS1 went through phases like that. Sometimes the bath was awesome, sometimes he hated it. That would be my guess.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS is sort of like this - with new toys.  He will scream and try to climb out.  Same if he poops in the tub.  Then he is traumatized for the next couple of baths.  We have a pool (we just moved) and he is way freaked out by it.  A leaf floated over to him and he totally lost it and left claw marks on my shoulder.  Here, we just take it slow and work with him through it, but I know how much it sucks to wash a screaming, terrified little person.

Your post makes me feel better that DS isn't the only one who freaks out at things in the water.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I talked to a friend who is a child psychologist and she suggested to have DH pee in front of him to show that it was ok. We tried it tonight and bath time was a success!!
  • Options
    Is it possible that it isn't the peeing and he is just going through a phase of not liking the tub? DS1 went through phases like that. Sometimes the bath was awesome, sometimes he hated it. That would be my guess.
    We are going through this right now...just this week, out of nowhere, DS has decided that the tub is evil. Everything is a phase...some are longer than others, but this will pass.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

• Options
    Sounds like a phase. I'm thinking it's more about not liking the bath, rather than being related to the peeing.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"