February 2012 Moms

GTKY Friday edition:

1.  How long after you got engaged did you get married?

2.  Would you still pick the same dress you wore or would you go a different route?  PIP or link if you can!

3.  What are your plans this weekend?

4.  What is the worst thing that happened this week?

5.  What is the best thing that happened this week?

6.  What is one random thing that happened this week?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY Friday edition:

• 1.  How long after you got engaged did you get married? 16 months

2.  Would you still pick the same dress you wore or would you go a different route?  PIP or link if you can! No way.  I didn't like my dress, I wanted something very different but my dad loved it so much he had a check written before I got it off!

3.  What are your plans this weekend? Test drive some cars, hang out.  It is going to be chilly (for July!) so I'm enjoying the break from the heat.

4.  What is the worst thing that happened this week? Hmmmm....would rather not say because some of you are/were involved!

5.  What is the best thing that happened this week? My daily daycare pickups haven't ended in tears (she usually cries because she doesn't want to leave, hates her carseat, the sun is out, whatever)

6.  What is one random thing that happened this week? DH voluntarily test drove a Prius.  The man currently drives a full size, 4x4 truck.  It was surreal.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• 1.  How long after you got engaged did you get married?
    Technically we were married about 6 weeks later at the courthouse and then had our church wedding about 4 1/2 months later.  We knew H's family was going to be difficult so we decided to take a moment just the two of us and I'm so glad we did.  It was just us two and while it wasn't really romantic or anything, it was a great quiet time we could reflect on when his family made the church wedding so difficult.  They still don't know we were legally married already!  We paid for everything ourselves so we didn't feel the need to inform them and I'm glad we didn't.  

2.  Would you still pick the same dress you wore or would you go a different route?  PIP or link if you can!

I would pick a different one.  I was the total opposite of a bridezilla so I think I was a bit too lax about picking a dress.  I liked it enough, but I see so many now, even right after our wedding that I loved more than mine so I wish I'd have tried more on but in the grand scheme of things I know it doesn't matter one bit.  I LOVE this style though:

We have a family function this weekend with H's family which will suck, but he already is making it better by sending me to get a mani/pedi so I will muddle through!  :)

H has been traveling a lot for work but usually it alternates weeks but lately it is more often for longer times and back to back.  He will be gone 10 days and only home 2 so I miss him, but feel like a jerk for complaining when military spouses don't see theirs for 10 months so in the grand scheme I know I'm lucky.

H is coming home today!  And DS is verbalizing more which is awesome because the constant whining is driving me nuts.  

I learned I like Riesling wine.  I've never been able to find what I like regarding wine so I didn't drink it but I did some research and found a sweet riesling yesterday and it was smooth and fruity but not too sweet so I like it a lot and can't wait to share a glass with H tonight after the kiddos are in bed!

• Loading the player...
  • 1.  How long after you got engaged did you get married? - the original plan was 1 1/2 years, but then DH joined the Army so we ended up getting married after 6 months...we had already been dating for 4 yrs. Next week is our 6 yr wedding anniversary...where does time go?!?!

2.  Would you still pick the same dress you wore or would you go a different route?  PIP or link if you can! Probably not, I wanted something with more of an open back and I couldn't find it so I gave up. I feel like now-a-day, it's easier to find something like that or I would have the determination TO find it.

3.  What are your plans this weekend? Germanfest downtown Friday, Saturday and Sunday and a bachelorette party on Saturday. At Germanfest, I dance with a German group and I also teach 4-9 yr olds so they are performing as well. I LOVE this weekend!!!!

4.  What is the worst thing that happened this week? MY bff's grandpa died this morning after stopping his dialysis treatment last night. He's been on dialysis for over 8 years. He has 35 great-grandchildren! 

5.  What is the best thing that happened this week? DH's bff had a brain aneurysm  last week. His wife is due this Saturday with their first baby. Last week the doctors gave him a 50% chance to live. These past couple days things have just turned around! He's able to walk from his bed to a chair and he can feed himself about 12 bites of yogurt! He won't be able to see his LO be born because it could be to stressful and lead to a stroke or something, but the best thing is, he will be alive to see his LO

6.  What is one random thing that happened this week? My brother called me this morning to tell me him and his wife are TTC for their 2nd baby tonight, so they won't be out late at Germanfest. Usually we close down the grounds every night. I didn't need to know this. He wanted to tell me in case DH and I wanted to start as well so that we could be pregnant together. Which is what SIL and I had "planned" - be pregnant for the next. However, we aren't starting till November. I just didn't need to know my brother and SIL will be getting it on tonight...(sorry I really rambled in this post)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh my I got goosebumps and said a prayer for your husbands friend to be okay - that's amazing progress and I pray he gets better every day.  

And I rambled too, I haven't been on here in a while so I've got catching up to do!

And yea, wouldn't need to know your brother is doing it haha, but it's cute I guess they wanted you to try together I guess (trying to see the silver lining...)
    11 months

I loved my dress but I didn't look at a lot and I had a specific dress in mind but my dress fit me perfectly and made me feel amazing ( I posted a pic but not sure if it is going to work)

As little as possible!

I didn't really have a bad week so I can't complain compared to other people's week!

I had a really good counseling appt and feel like I have a plan for the future!

Caroline stopped freaking out if I'm leaving the house and she doesn't get to go.  I left her home with daddy every morning and she gave me kisses and waved bye, no tears!

• here is my dress
    15 months
    absolutely!

Baseball game and BBQ

Going to work, my workplace is full of negative nancys

My sweet boy is waving and say "hi" and "bye" now, it's very cute when he does it with other kiddies!

I have been scoping out places for our relocation and think I may have found us a really nice place! Woohoo! And we're listing our house at the end of September eeek! Exciting and scary all in one!

• 1.  How long after you got engaged did you get married? 14 months

2.  Would you still pick the same dress you wore or would you go a different route?  PIP or link if you can! I think I would probably pick a different dress. I love my dress but I might pick one with a little more "poof".

3.  What are your plans this weekend? Just hanging around at home. Hoping to get in some pool time with Audra.

4.  What is the worst thing that happened this week? One of our dogs bit Audra and we had to put him down :(

5.  What is the best thing that happened this week? DH's company had their summer picnic today and it was Audra's first time at the beach. She had a blast!

6.  What is one random thing that happened this week? My boss at work invited me to lunch today even though she forgot I was leaving before lunch.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"