December 2013 Moms

New reoccuring post for Tuesdays?

The bump-transition ate my original post.  Every other weekday has something going on.  Twatwaffle Tuesday hasn't really stuck for us.  Any ideas for a Tuesday reoccuring post?

Ridiculous Question Tuesday?

Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: New reoccuring post for Tuesdays?

• In the beginning on my old BMB we would do a hot seat. Everyweek someone new is in the hot seat and the board can ask them any questions they want.

If we decide to do it we could make a post and whoever wants to be involved can post and we'll just go in that order.
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Preferably something lighthearted. That's my only suggestion.
    T1 Diabetes, PCOS

image image image

• Ohh, I actually sort of like that idea.  Give me some time - maybe I'll come up with some other ideas?
    http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green
  • In the beginning on my old BMB we would do a hot seat. Everyweek someone new is in the hot seat and the board can ask them any questions they want. If we decide to do it we could make a post and whoever wants to be involved can post and we'll just go in that order.

Think we'd get enough volunteers? I'd be too chicken, lol!
    T1 Diabetes, PCOS

image image image

• Tuesdays always suck IMHO.  There is for sure a reason the expression is "see you next tuesday" and not "see you next thursday"

TMI Tuesday didn't stick either, because nothing here is really TMI. 

Like all the fisting i'm doing to prepare for my giant baby.  But, seriously, I totally agree on something lighthearted...

i suck

part behbeh, part yam, all raptor 11/28/13

image  image

• In the beginning on my old BMB we would do a hot seat. Everyweek someone new is in the hot seat and the board can ask them any questions they want.

If we decide to do it we could make a post and whoever wants to be involved can post and we'll just go in that order.

I think people would volunteer. I was too chicken for the longest time.

If someone asked something to personal we could have a rule to pass with no flames?

• It's not lighthearted, but I saw Oct do HTT, which I think may be hot topic Tuesday. With all the trolls and MUD we have had I don't know if we want to open it up to more drama though. Plus, it seems similar to UO and FFFC.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • In the beginning on my old BMB we would do a hot seat. Everyweek someone new is in the hot seat and the board can ask them any questions they want. If we decide to do it we could make a post and whoever wants to be involved can post and we'll just go in that order.

I nominate any of our regular trolls to be first. You know I don't have to name names...
    /:) 
    Our family is complete!

superspecialsnowflake
  • Really good ideas so far.  Let's keep talking and we can put up the ideas to a poll later on.  If uh, we can do polls on the new bump.
    Our family is complete!

I think people would volunteer. I was too chicken for the longest time. If someone asked something to personal we could have a rule to pass with no flames?

The quote feature in this format sucks. I think we could put limits up... Like the hot seat person can name one topic that's off limits, or can wuss out of three questions.
    T1 Diabetes, PCOS

image image image

• jmb527jmb527
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    +1 for something fun and lighthearted.

• @superspecialsnowflake it does suck. Ill just tag you. I like your ideas.

@zou bisou I'm all out of ideas. Hopefully someone else has something.

I think people would volunteer. I was too chicken for the longest time. If someone asked something to personal we could have a rule to pass with no flames?

The quote feature in this format sucks. I think we could put limits up... Like the hot seat person can name one topic that's off limits, or can wuss out of three questions.
    We could also make it something like, you can ask whatever question you want, but you have to be willing to answer it too.  So like, I could ask when the person on the hot seat lost their V card, but I have to answer the question too. 
    http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green
    superspecialsnowflakeMEP923
  • @Cashingn2 what do you have to hide?!? I can't imagine you being shy about questions..

i suck

part behbeh, part yam, all raptor 11/28/13

image  image

Whitneytanke

I'd volunteer if I could pass on things I find too personal. I don't want identifiable info out there, ya know?
    D13 Winner: Best Overall HDBD; Best Gifs
  • All I come up with is Taco Tuesday.... not sure that would be appropriate board talk! 
    SweetSouthernMomma08jy725
  • GTown08 said:

In the beginning on my old BMB we would do a hot seat. Everyweek someone new is in the hot seat and the board can ask them any questions they want. If we decide to do it we could make a post and whoever wants to be involved can post and we'll just go in that order.

We could also make it something like, you can ask whatever question you want, but you have to be willing to answer it too.  So like, I could ask when the person on the hot seat lost their V card, but I have to answer the question too. 

Love this, and I would also say we need a rule about no questions that would disclose or too narrowly define a persons identity.
    T1 Diabetes, PCOS

image image image

SweetSouthernMomma08ChrisnTris
    Ohhh I like this idea!

Our rainbow has arrived!

Baby Boy ColeRose born 12.6.13 

*Everyone Always Welcome*

• So, we doing this? Hot seat person can pass on questions (is there a limit?), and no identity questions? Should crazy4mas be our first victim, since she brought it up? Any other big rules?
    T1 Diabetes, PCOS

image image image

• So, we doing this? Hot seat person can pass on questions (is there a limit?), and no identity questions? Should crazy4mas be our first victim, since she brought it up?

Any other big rules?

Shit, I really do feel like a victim. I'm nervous already! Lol

• I think we should maybe post a poll or something, since only a few of us have responded and due to the switch over.  Leave it up through tomorrow, and close it on Thursday?
  • GTown08 said:
    I think we should maybe post a poll or something, since only a few of us have responded and due to the switch over.  Leave it up through tomorrow, and close it on Thursday?

I'm cool with that. Bonus pts if you can get a poll to work in this mess...
    T1 Diabetes, PCOS

image image image

• GTown08 said:
    I think we should maybe post a poll or something, since only a few of us have responded and due to the switch over.  Leave it up through tomorrow, and close it on Thursday?

I'm perfectly willing to try it, but what are the options I should include?
  • We could do Terrific Tuesday Games.  Each Tuesday we could do a different message board game.  Examples are Rhyme Time-start with a word and then each person that responds has to choose a rhyming word, Movie ABCs-first poster posts their favorite movie that begins with an A, second poster posts their favorite movie that begins with a B, so on and so forth.  Another example would be Build a Story.  Each poster that responds posts three words to contribute to the story.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

crazy4mas9brownie2181SweetSouthernMomma08
  • jy725jy725
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    NY Mama said:

We could do Terrific Tuesday Games.  Each Tuesday we could do a different message board game.  Examples are Rhyme Time-start with a word and then each person that responds has to choose a rhyming word, Movie ABCs-first poster posts their favorite movie that begins with an A, second poster posts their favorite movie that begins with a B, so on and so forth.  Another example would be Build a Story.  Each poster that responds posts three words to contribute to the story.

This sounds fun!

photo d893fbd7-120b-4077-8299-7ceb676b324f_zps7e9a5e5e.jpgphoto 7fe16e86-14c1-4665-90af-0250425b7f48_zps23a6c804.jpgphoto ace00e8a-ce8a-46f5-9636-ab1d1a5eedd4_zpsdde0fbdf.jpg
  • Yez9Yez9
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    GTown08 said:

In the beginning on my old BMB we would do a hot seat. Everyweek someone new is in the hot seat and the board can ask them any questions they want. If we decide to do it we could make a post and whoever wants to be involved can post and we'll just go in that order.

I like this idea.  That way the questions are somewhat more mellow than they might be.
    Our family: Two big people, three kids.  One cat.

• NY Mama said:
    We could do Terrific Tuesday Games.  Each Tuesday we could do a different message board game.  Examples are Rhyme Time-start with a word and then each person that responds has to choose a rhyming word, Movie ABCs-first poster posts their favorite movie that begins with an A, second poster posts their favorite movie that begins with a B, so on and so forth.  Another example would be Build a Story.  Each poster that responds posts three words to contribute to the story.

I like this idea.
    image  image
  • jmb527jmb527
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    I like the hot seat idea & would volunteer. I also like @NYMama's suggestions too!

• I like these ideas!

I like playing the person below me - the poster says something that the person below them does and the responder has to do/have done that.  Then they name something the person below them does, etc.  That's more of a gtky/random game though.
  • GTown08 said:
    GTown08 said:

I'm perfectly willing to try it, but what are the options I should include?

Lots of ideas are coming in now... Aside from hot seat, we have board story telling, alphabet games, and few others. Let's see what pops up.
    T1 Diabetes, PCOS

image image image