3rd Trimester

name issues

anyone else getting close to their due date and still can't agree on a name for Baby?? We're due in 6 days and hubs & I absolutely cannot agree on a girl name... we've narrowed down the boy names to two - and both like both names - but we don't like each others' favorite girl names... which makes me almost positive that it will be a girl... any thoughts?

Re: name issues

• What names do you have it narrowed down to?  I will help you decide!  LOL.  :D

I know what you mean though...my first DD we went to the hospital armed with a list of 8 names, then she was born, and it was narrowed down to 2.  I finally decided on her first name, DH decided on the middle name, and that was that.  Maybe when you see your baby, the name will just come to you.

• We're having a similar issue, except that we have agreed on a boy's name and have the girl's name down to two...both of which we both really like. Don't know what we'll do...
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • For boy's we're down to Clay (MIL's maiden name - lost her last year to cancer) and Cole...

for girls - he likes Summer, Jenna, Jemma & Ashton - I like Maggie, Aubrey, Alyx & Addison - we had previously agreed on Emma, Addison & Bailey... but Emma is too common, hubs deals with a guy named Addison weekly that has turned him off the name - and most likely the middle name will be Jean (my choice - hubs doesn't like it though) and we don't want a girl with the nickname of BJ!!

also - the problem comes in that hubs thinks that if I get to choose the middle name, he should get to choose the first name - which is fair, except that I don't like any of his name choices! ugh!!

we need help! I had a dream the other night that we had to stay at the hospital for a week because we couldn't agree on a name!!

other names we had also discussed were Ella/Ellie, Allie, Sophie... none of them made the short list though, for one reason or another...

have I confused y'all yet??

• What about Jean or Jeannie as a first name?  If you both can agree on Bailey but don't like Jean with it can you change the middle name?  I really wanted ds to have my maiden name as a middle name but it doesn't go with the first name we picked out so we are saving it for our next child.