Babies: 0 - 3 Months

EPing Moms - How did you increase supply?

I went back to work last week and am now only nursing once a day (6am). We are feeding him at 6am, 10am,  2pm, 6pm and 10pm...6-oz each time. The first few days were fine...but the last few seem that I am not producing enough.

One side is the super boob and produces 5oz (at least she was). The other side is my broken boob and only produces 1oz at a time (slacker). How do I increase production so that I am consistently producing enough? Also, as he needs more, how will that work?

I had only been pumping for 15-min at a time. How much do you think I should increase that?

I don't want to give up....

Re: EPing Moms - How did you increase supply?

• How often are you pumping?  I pumped several days every 2 hours around the clock until my supply was consistent.  You could also try power pumping. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • check out kellymom.com for tips. Pump often and longer, that's what I would try :)
  • Loading the player...
  • kellymom.com suggested always pumping for at least 2-5 minutes after the last drop. I did this and found that I had another let down. I have increased my time to almost 20 minutes and it really seemed to help. Good luck make sure you drink loads of water and eat your oatmeal, I swear that was a magic bullet for me as well. One last trick. Pump after you feed your baby at night. This may help your boobs think they need to produce more.

Do what you can and wish for the best. Good Luck

• Do you do compressions? I find that this really made a difference.
  • I take domperidone, power pump, and I was pumping 8 times per day.
  • I took Reglan to help my supply but also fenugreek and eating oatmeal has helped. I pump 20 min every 4 hrs and just recently started making enough for DD as well as 4 oz for the freezer a day. I would try and add a pumping session or pump every 3 hrs during the day to see if that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"