Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Why's she shaking her head left & right???

And so hard?  Shes been doing it for some time now.  I can't figure out what it is, water in her ears?

just tossing and turning her head violently. 

Does your DC do this?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Why's she shaking her head left & right???

• DS does this when he's deciding whether or not he wants to latch on sometimes.  I have no idea why!
  • Yes!  DD does this from time to time and I also wondered if it had something to do with her ears.  She has had a stuffy nose for a while and I worried that her ears might have been bothering her, but she doesn't seem fussy at all when she does it.  She usually does it when she's laying flat on her back...it's very odd!
  • Loading the player...
  • DD does this when I'm putting a paci into her mouth.  It's like she's unsure how to latch onto it or something. 
  • dd does this when she is trying to fight sleep.
  • Our DD does it when she is excited and playing on her back on the floor and sometimes while I am getting ready to change her. So strange but really cute to watch.
  • DD does this when she is feeling silly, she's always happy when she does it, so I just assume nothing's wrong. I am going to ask the pedi at our next appointment though.
  • Head rolling, rocking, banging are common among children and are USUALLY outgrown. 

If you google it or rhythmic body movement you can come up with a bunch of info on it.

• Josie does it when she's tired and fighting sleep. She tummy sleeps and will turn her head side to side, to side, to side..for a few minutes and then pass out.
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • imageadhenash:
    dd does this when she is trying to fight sleep.

ditto.

• My friend's daughter did this for months and it really concerned her. ?The baby would shake her head really fast and very frequently. ?There never was an answer as to why she did it. ?The pediatrician was not concerned at all and she eventually outgrew it. ?It was part of her self soothing for some reason.
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"