Washington Babies
Options

Grandparents are dumb...well some are...vent

How come my (dad and st mom) parents can't watch my son more often? They live across town not out of state, yet my son is more familiar with his grandpa from WI. In fact he calls in papa, but he screams when we leave him at my parent's because they have only watched him 4 times and he is 19 months old. My mom who lives a hour away watches ds all the time (we do ask my parents as well) They are usually too busy, or we ask my parents and they rope my sister into watching him?! WTF? she is 15 12 years my junior, she doesn't want to spend her winter vacation watching my son and I don't pay her because the whole point was to ask my parents to watch him to "help" us out. If I wanted to pay for someone to watch him I would pay her, but I ask my family first because I don't... HELLO...  I just don't get it, do they not want to be in his life? Also stop guilting me for not bringing him over more. Why would I bring him over here to see you when you don't invite us or make it a more inviting routine. OR FOR THAT MATTER STOP TELLING ME HOW TO RAISE HIM... He likes to preform his "wonder boy" tricks and go over words with mommy like"what does a duck say? Quack Quack" it's super cute and good to say those words. (not alot but when we are reading books, it's cute to say it in front of grandparents.  Sorry to vent, it's stupid but I am still upset and annoyed at them.  I just don't get it.

Re: Grandparents are dumb...well some are...vent

• Options

My dad is that way a little bit with my sister's kids.  She asks him to help and he'll say something like, "I don't really want to, but I will."  I don't know if he's joking or what.  I know it really hurts her feelings.  I have asked him to watch Tillman for a few hours before, but it's never worked out on my end, so I don't know how he'd be with Tillman. 

I'm sorry that your dad and step-mom are that way.  I think some parents feel "done" when their kids grow up and are a little relieved to not have to deal with kids anymore.  I don't get it.  I would think that you would love to be close to your grandkids.  You get to spoil them, and send them home all hopped up on sugar, having watched too much TV, and pass all the rottenness off to the parents.  At least that's what my mom does.

T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • Options

I worry I will be a grandparent like that.  I will be there - to maybe babysit or the holidays - but not often.  I want to "be done" after I raise my kids.

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"