Parenting
Options

Went to Peri appt today.

Unfortunately we didn't get to see my Peri, I saw her partner, who I hate.  She is a very unpleasant woman with no bedside manners.  She didn't adequately answer my questions and she rushed us out of there.

Anyway, according to her everything looks good, except we couldn't get some heart details, so we have to come back in four weeks.  Oh, and it's a GIRL, which was definitely a surprise.

Here's the concerning part:  I requested the little printout with all of our measurements.  Everything they measured was measuring ahead - ranging from 1 to 6 days ahead, and the 50-80 percentiles.  Then there's the cerebellum measurement.  We're 16 weeks today and it measured 15w5d.  Measuring two days behind doesn't concern me, what concerns me is that the percentile for this measurement was 14.5%???  I asked both the tech and the peri about this and they both said this was normal, the peri said they only start getting concerned if it falls less than the -2%. 

Like I said before, the peri said everything is fine, but I can't help but wonder why we have one measurement so much less than the others.  Has anyone heard of this?  I know I haven't. 

Thanks!

Re: Went to Peri appt today.

• Options

It must be that the cerebellum %'s don't correlate to any other %'iles in terms of growth.  Like - we would expect height and weight to correlate somewhat but we wouldn't expect weight and.... toe nail length to be related.  If they say it's ok I'd believe them! 

Congrats on the girl!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yeah for a GIRL!

Try not to worry, congratulations :)

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"