DD had an episode this weekend of spitting up old brown blood, so I called the pedi. Long story short, she says she has reflux and this is from irritation of the esophogous. So she has prescribed Zantac to start today. She has been waking up about every 2 hours, or less for the past at least 2 weeks. Also fussing at the breast and recently spitting up a lot.
I feel guilty, like I should have caught it before, and that it has gotten really bad
- what time of day do you give the meds?
- did it help your DC to sleep better once the meds kicked in? (if they weren't sleeping well before)
- Anyone ever have the bloody spit up? That worried me, but Dr. wasn't too worried.
-What do you use to elevate the bed?
- How long has DC been on meds? Dr. said should only be a couple weeks.
- Do you give rice cereal? When? We were going to start anyways, and Dr. said it may help, so I am wondering if it will help.