TTC after 35

Heart Shaped uterus?

Had my HSG today and the doctor told me It looked like I had a heart-shaped uterus.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I am pretty upset right now.  TIA

Re: Heart Shaped uterus?

• Does DR think you have a uterine septum?  My HSG showed a strange uterus shape too and the ultrasound didn't really confirm anything (other than fibroids).  Unless I get surgery to take out the fibroids, they won't know exactly what is going on with it.

• DH's friend's wife has one. She delivered her 2 girls early by scheduled c-sections. Sorry I'm not sure of the specifics.
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just found out I have this as well, my doctor said that a quite a few woman have it and have had normal healthy babies :)
  • He said it was bicornate(sp) I have to go for my 3D on the 30th.  Hopefully I will know more. For ladies that know someone, do you know if they concieved naturally?   I am experiencing so much anxiety right now.  Between being 35 and now this I am thinking a baby may be out of my reach.  Thank you for your responses ladies.
  • The woman that I know conceived without any problems. The only concern that I know of was the amount of room in the uterus for the baby to grow. She was unaware of the heart shaped uterus during her first pregnancy and went into labor really early. She was prepared for the second pregnancy by wearing a fetal heart rate monitor and using meds to speed up the baby's development so that they could do an early c-section. She now has 2 beautiful and healthy girls. Good luck
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just had a lap for remove a septum from my uterus this past Friday. It was an out patient procedure, and didn't really hurt other than the balloon that was placed in there for about 5 days. My RE also unblocked one of my tubes that same day. I will be 35 in 3 months, and feel your frustration. I am going for my post op visit in 2 weeks, but from what I heard, it is quit possible to conceive naturally, if there are no other issues.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• My friend has that too.  She conceived normally and had a healthy baby.  Apparently, most of the women in her family have it also, but the rest are still young and not married yet. 
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"