Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Play time with DC?

How much time do you spend playing with your DC? ?Please distinguish between one on one play time and time in toys i.e. bouncer, swing, etc.

Re: Play time with DC?

• Recently I started trying to do E.A.S.Y, or a very loose form of it. DS eats, does an activity, sleeps (y= you time to do stuff for yourself while he sleeps). Every activity equals time with me and then time with toys (unless he fusses or something and wants to eat or sleep). I always talk to him and make funny faces while he "talks" back to me, recently he's fairly interested in looking at the pages while I read to him (as long as it's a brightly colored book), we take walks, he plays on his activity mat, tummy time, lays in Boppy and laughs at the fan, I wear him in the sling and we walk around(he's sleeping in it right now). I try to limit his alone time with his toys -mat, swing to about 15 minutes tops unless he seems like he's really having a good time.
  • Here's roughly our schedule:

7:30-8:30 quiet play with DH while I sleep (I think he's in the bouncer)

8:30-9:30 feeding and play in bed with me, mostly making faces and talking

9:30-10:30 nap

10:30-12:30 about 30 minutes in bouncer while I dry my hair, dress, etc. Feeding, and about 30 minutes of active play with me on the floor.

12:30-1:30 nap

1:30-3:30 Outing: we run errands, so he's in the sling and I talk to him while we're grocery shopping or whatever.  I show him things and give him groceries to smell and touch.  Or we go for a walk and I tell him about what we are seeing. 

3:30-4:30 nap

4:30-6:00 feeding, he plays on the floor and I talk to him/sing to him while I am fixing dinner and we eat dinner.  DH comes home during this time and holds him/plays with him.  Maybe 15 minutes or so in the bouncer as well.

6:00-7:00 bathtime, stories, and quiet play

When I say "bouncer" sometimes I mean vibrating chair but mostly I mean FP Rainforest Jumperoo.  And sometimes I mean activity mat.

Mom to Atticus (06/2008) and Franny (11/2009)
    blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards