Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

**Mominator**

I saw your post about your DS being allergic to nuts and eggs and I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone!  My DS broke out in hives after eating a product that contained milk.  When they did the allergy testing to determine what caused the hives they also discovered that he has a severe nut allergy also. 

I've never dealt with food allergies either, so this is new territory for me too!  Is your pedi testing him to make sure he isn't allergic to anything else?

Re: **Mominator**

• Options

Yup. They are going to test him. Turns out that my husband also had pretty severe allergies as a kid but fortunately out grew them. Of course with breastfeeding now I'm all worried about what I eat and how it effects him so I'm also going to put a call in to my LC for her suggestions.

The whole egg thing too is just crazy to me. Everything has eggs! My kid is not even going to get to have birthday cake or pasta or any other numerous things that contain eggs and it makes me sad. And the fact that I have other children makes it even more difficult. My DD eats peanut butter and eggs all the time, so I'm going to have to be extra careful. My poor little boy, I just feel so bad for him. 

Of course, now I'm also wondering if the allergies contribute to his size at all, he's fairly petite and only in the 2nd %tile for weight. I guess these are all questions I'll need to address with his doctor at his 9mth visit.

Thanks for paging me, I'm glad to know that I'm not alone.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Options

That's reassuring to know that your husband grew out of the allergies!  I really hope Zachary does too.  I'm still BFing too so I am being extra careful about what I eat too.

That's so funny that you mentioned birthday cake because that was one of my first thoughts too.  I found that Cherrybrook Farms makes an allergen free cake mix - no eggs, nuts, milk, etc.  They sell it at Whole Foods, and some other local grocery stores here, and of all places I also found it at Pier One.  That's what I'm going to make for Zachary's birthday cake. 

Zachary is on the small size also - he was 15 lbs 4 oz at 9 months, which is well below the growth chart that his pedi uses.  We started supplementing with Nutramigen in an effort to get him back on the chart, even if it's just back to the 5th percintile curve again.  Now I'm wondering if the allergies have anything to do with it...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"