1st Trimester

progesterone suppositories

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I can't find it...

Anyone taking or have taken progesterone suppositories feel like they just leak out everywhere??  Am I doing it wrong??

I hope enough is up there to get the job done.  It's pretty gross...

It'll be worth it if it works, though.  :)

Re: progesterone suppositories

• I have been inserting endometrin twice a day since two days after my IUI.  I have to continue until I am 12 weeks.  I have pretty much figured out when it will start to leak, but I still wear a panty liner 24/7.  It's annoying, but well worth it.  Is your suppository a "pill" or more like a liquid.  Mine is like a pill, so it doesn't start to leak until about 4 hours after I insert.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been doing them 2x's a day for 5 cycles in my LP.   And now am continuing them until I am 10 weeks.

I make sure I will be sitting or lying down for at least a half hour (but preferrably longer than an hour) when I take them.

My nighttime one isn't so much of an issue.   It's the one I have to do in the morning at work that is trickier.

and "yes", the ooze is just annoying as hell.   I've lived in pantyliners during the day and light pads at night for a LONG time now.

:::only 3 more weeks!  only 3 more weeks!:::

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehealthynut:
      Mine is like a pill, so it doesn't start to leak until about 4 hours after I insert.

ooooh lucky.   Mines like a waxy bullet looking thing.  Melts pretty darn quickly.   Usually by around 4 -6 hours after my leaking is done and I can ditch the wet pantyliner.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Mine is a waxy looking bullet thing too...

Felt like it started melting almost instantly...but now, a few hours later I REALLY know it's dissolving.  Good thing I wore a pantyliner; I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

Thanks!  You made me feel better. 

• I do one every night before bed and it doesn't leak too bad.  I don't have any leakage at night, but I do during the day and I just wear a liner.  I'll be happy when I don't have to do it anymore, but it really isn't all that big of a deal for me now.  I used to have to do them 3x per day and that got pretty messy!
  • I have the waxy bullets too and they are a pain no matter what you do! I have been taking them since my BFP and I have to take 2 a day. I take one right when I'm getting in bed and then I get up about an hour early to insert the other one so I can lay back down. I'm down to one a day now and tomorrow night I'll take my last one. They are a pain, but they're worth it!
  • I just started them last night.  They tested my progesterone level at a little over 5 weeks and it was only 12 which isn't horrible but none to great either.  They are messy. GL!
  • I always lay down for an hour or more when I do mine. I have never had problems with any oozing afterwards, but my doses are also very small.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Aren't suppositories fun?  I have the waxy bullets too and just take them at night.  They don't leak out at all--it just makes my urine a little cloudy in the morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am on prometrium and yes I am leaking constantly. I lay down for a half hour after I insert it, which helps me to leak a clearer fluid and not as much of the chalky white supplement. I feel like I absorb more that way. They are gross. I cannot wait for the 1st Tri to be over so those darn babies can start making their own hormones.
  • Hi there.  I'm a pharmacist, and work with high-risk obstetric patients.  Most women only need once daily doses, so the advice about doing it at bedtime is good. Don't worry- you are getting the medicine absorbed, and since there is no evidence that the oral route works at all, you are doing what's best for baby even if it is yucky.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"