Parenting
Options

mrsterry

Seriously, Christopher is such a beautiful baby!  I cannot believe how much he and Alexander look alike - its almost like the same baby, but separated by a few years.  How's Zachary doing being the man of the house?

Re: mrsterry

• Options

It's strange to see them look identical like they do.  Almost creepy.  We call them twins all of the time.

Zachary's doing well.  Well, not at the very moment.  He caught a stomach bug and was puking this afternoon.  He feels horribly.  So tomorrow will end his perfect attendance streak (kindergarten to 6th grade) because I'm not sending him in.

• Options
    Aw poor guy!  Good job on the attendance though!  When I was that age I faked all sorts of ailments to get out of school (which didn't often work since my mom is a doctor).  I hope you're doing okay, too... when MH was in the guard, he was almost deployed for 18mos to Iraq.  He was kept home at the last minute, but I was totally mentally prepared for him to go.  Stay strong!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm doing surprisingly well with it all.  I talk to MH everyday (gotta love Skype)...we actually talked for an hour and a half lastnight and I get to see him via webcam.

The time is going by too slowly though.  It feels like he's been gone for a month but it's only been 2 weeks.

I know that I can't watch the news, though....the whole bombing in Kabul this past week had me about to lose my mind....then when I talked to MH I was even more uneasy when I found out just how close to him it was and that he was going out in the chaos. 

It'd be different if he was military....I'd expect things like this as our lifestyle....not now though

• Options

I'm glad you guys get to talk so much!   Thats really awesome.

Yeah, don't watch the news... it really can be nervewrecking when you have a loved one abroad...  take care!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"