Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Emotional day

I'm starting a natural miscarriage. I've had a lot of cramping the last two days, and my blood flow has gotten a lot worse today. The pain has been unbearable at times, and easy at others. However, the emotional pain today.... I feel like a raw nerve.

For those of you who miscarried naturally - were you the same way? Were you able to find closure afterwards? I chose the natural method because I have severe reactions to anesthesia, and there's no way I could do a D&C with a local. Also, I'm a full time college student with 2 weeks of classes left, and I've maxed out my absences. I feel so raw that homework isn't getting completed, and if I have this much problems tomorrow, I can't imagine going to class tomorrow!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Emotional day

• First off I'd like to say I'm sorry for your loss.  I also just found out I have had a missed miscarriage and am waiting to miscarry naturally.  It seems that I'm actually just a few days behind you. 

I hope that you can work out your school schedule to allow yourself some time to heal and grieve while all of this is going on. 

I'll make sure to keep you in my thoughts.

• Hi Shania - I'm so sorry about your mc. There are no words.

I also had a natural mc last month. I did not have any cramping or bleeding - I had lots of spotting, so I was shocked. Have you been to the doctors or to the ER? I think this board is a mixture of people who have had a natural mc vs d&c. Can you discuss this with your professor or a faculty advisor that can help you through this difficult time? I can't imagine having to deal with 'normal' things while going through your mc.

You are totally normal to have completely raw feelings. I felt like I had had my heart broken and stomped on and literally couldn't get out of bed for 2 days. I couldn't eat, just slept and cried. I hope you have a strong support group surrounding you and helping you through this most difficult of difficult times.

We are here for you and hope you are able to find some peace.

xoxoxo - Alli

• Loading the player...
  • What you are experiencing is completely normal. It's hard to believe right now but it will get easier. I remember feeling exactly how you are right now, and it's so very hard....

Could you explain to your professor about what you're going through...?

(hugs)

• What you are feeling is totally normal. I find myself being totally fine, then minutes later I am sobbing. The tiniest things can trigger my emotions, for example the other night my cat crawled into my lap and I was holding her like a baby and just started crying uncontrollably. What's also difficult is my SIL is pregnant, she's about 2 weeks behind what I am supposed to be, so that's tough. She'll be telling everyone at Christmas & I KNOW that's going to be rough. She does know what I am going through, since she had a m/c just in September.
  • I am so sorry for your loss and I hope things pass quickly for you.  Take care of yourself.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am so very sorry for you loss.  I agree with pp....I can not image going through this and and having to just continue on as normal...I would think that the school would have to work this out for you (I mean, employees have the Family Medical Leave Act to fall back on) if you present them with a note from your physician stating the medical necessity of some time off.

I wish you the best of luck and will keep you in my thoughts an prayers.

Shelly 

• I totally know what you are going through. ?I'm at the end of my natural m/c, and I have a paper and a project/presentation due in the next 2 weeks. ?It's the last thing on my mind, and don't know how I'll pull it off. ?For me, I think diving into it might keep my mind busy--it's just the starting it that's hard.

I know it's hard to believe, but for me as I come to the end of it, I am starting to feel better. ?In the week before and as the m/c started I was a wreck, crying a lot. ?But now I find myself being able to think about it without crying. I'm starting to look past this and looking forward to getting back to normal and TTC again. ?Just a week ago, I wouldn't have believed that I'd feel like this already. ?Of course, everyone is different, but just know that everything you are feeling is totally normal.

I would also try asking your professors about other options you could do to still pass your classes given your situation. ?Good luck and hang in there!?

• I am so sorry you are going through this.  Take a doctor's note to your advisor.... see if you can get incompletes if you cannot finish the semester. I know it is hard, I am in grad school and was completing my internship when I lost my first one (plus working FT). I did eventually catch up, but I had to take time for myself at that moment. Take care.
    bfp #1 - 8/17/2008, natural m/c 8/25/2008, EDD 4/21/2009 bfp #2 - 10/6/2008, hb stopped at 7 w 3 d, d&e on 11/7/2008, EDD 6/19/2009 bfp #3- 3/14/2009.... stick, baby, stick!!!! (14 dpo - hcg 188, 16 dpo - hcg 421, 24 dpo - hcg 14,760!, 4/2 healthy HB of 130 bpm, 4/16 HB of 178 bpm!) bfp #4- 2/2/2011, EDD 10/17/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker a bfing, cding, wah momma Congrats to my buddies Tiffanylaw06, Jeny M & burghbaby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"